Monday, October 5, 2009

The Complimentary Seat

I attended a weekend workshop: Busting the Mind Game at C&C which resulted in me not turning up for the school gathering that I was so frantically organising many weeks ago. Believe me, it's not that I didn't want to be at the gathering, it's just that I wanted MORE to be at the workshop! For those of you, who were ex-students of Sri KL and attended the gathering and found me MIA and still enjoyed yourself - my great appreciation!!
...
This workshop shares with us a concept, a metaphor to look at life differently. Since it would be too much in detail to share what this workshop offered, here are some of the things I can remember for now (summarised) for you: -
...
  • YOU are not who you really think you are, but an experiencer of what you experience.
  • Everything that happen to you are happening FOR you to achieve an objective, to adhere a rule that You've created for yourself.
  • NOTHING you can see, touch, hear, smell, taste and think are REAL; in fact, NOTHING is REAL - not even you.
...
Hmm... shall I add some more? Something is nudging me to stop - or maybe, that's about it! Whatever it is, I trust it is perfect.
...
So how is all that I shared relevant to your life? EVERYTHING!! Your happiness, your sadness, your anger, your frustrations, your joyfulness, your health, your career, your family, your relationships - YOU. Get what I mean?
...
Anyway, this workshop served as a reminder to me. Other than what I've learnt from Hari, I attended another workshop earlier in the year which shared with me of the same. Although I was provided tools to work with, to allow me to 'drill' through the cloud of illusion from the earlier workshop, I didn't really use it because I already had other tools to work with (to be honest, I've got tons!! haha). Having said that though, there was a part of me which wants more, a kind of thirst that wants to understand something deeper - the kind of understanding necessary for my growth.
...
Honestly, the tool works. In all areas of life, for anything. I've tried it a few times, and so far, it works. So for those of you, who'd really want to know what Life is REALLY all about, or how to bust loose from the 'problems' or 'issues' you have with your life be it your career, business, relationships, money, family, in laws, children, friends, health and etc etc, I encourage you to stay tune (with me also can ;p) for the upcoming workshop next year. The loving facilitators of this course (BB, TL & BL) share with you MORE than what they outline to share - depending on your level of understanding, that is; even their own experiences! There's really no hocus pocus to life, really.. because life itself is already hocus pocus!! Trust me, you'd have fun!
...
When I trust that it is meant for me, it will happen. And it did. <- this is from me, for me, to me.
...
I love ME. :)

1 comment: