Friday, October 16, 2009

My 1st QiGong Class

Tonight was my first attempt at QiGong. I was, by no surprise, the youngest there. I kinda had to join this Shinen QiGong Association I think.. to learn it, but it was ok since it was only a one time fee and a very minimal monthly fee.

The man who guided me through was Simon. He loved to share about QiGong and I could tell that he is really passionate about it although I seem to have a perception (after meeting his wife tonight, that is) that his wife is more allowing with the flow of Chi.

I have had wonderful experiences with Simon within a span of less than 48 hours (I met him yesterday for some theory part of QiGong).  I don't really know how to put them in words in writing, and even when I expressed the experiences verbally to BB or Angel, I doubt that they find it funny.. but I still found it funny enough to enjoy my own laugh. In fact, as I am typing this, remembering the experiences - I am still laughing about it.. in a good and joyful way. :)

In today's session, he taught us the techniques.. or rather, as what he would call them, the method, coupled with some other exercises for the shoulders and the spine. Believe it or not, while I was doing the shoulder exercises, which I think was called the "Sheng Chi", I could feel the 'Chi' going into my palms, up my arms and circulating within me to a point of numbness in my face area and entire body. Simon taught us, that if we feel tired at our shoulders' area, we could take a rest by placing our palms (our palms had to be faced outwards during the "Sheng Chi" exercise) inwards onto our navel area to contain the 'Chi' rather than waste them by shaking them away. The more I contained the 'Chi' into my navel aread whenever I was tired (and also because I was 'kiasu'), I felt like I was about to burst!!! When I shared my experience with him, he kinda just looked at me, and smiled. I didn't really quite understand that, but what I got was that I was not able to contain all the 'Chi' I was 'accumulating' or, that I had too much 'Bad Chi' in me that the 'Good Chi' could not be contained!! When I shared with him of what I thought, he laughed a little, shooked his head and said, "Don't know." I was quite shocked! But he did advise me to 'ground' the 'Chi' which to me, was more like sending the 'Chi' back to Mommi Earth.. ;p

Well, I would say that a lot of terms used although were new terms used, but not that new in my context for they are the same divinely. I find QiGong interesting, but also a little slow.. but then again, it is just too early to say or judge or perceive anything. Who knows, I might turn out to be a fanatic of QiGong!!

And so, the result of tonight's session is that I am feeling kinda tired now.. Hubby commented that I looked flushed after I came back from QiGong. Whatever that may mean; I wanna go to bed now.

Night night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment