Wednesday, October 28, 2009

The GPS - Sequeal to the Day Trip with the Vampires

Well, you see.. the GPS.. it belongs to Terri (I think). When she got into my car she excitedly shared that she brought along the GPS so that we'd find our way to and around Malacca. I didn't think that it was too hard to find our way to or around Malacca (since the town is so small right?), but ok, as long as she was happy. :/

I can't remember when she started using the GPS. I think it was when we finally arrived at Malacca and heading towards Jonkers' Street for Chicken Rice (and I think by then we were already talking about Harry Potter). You know la, these days the GPS so canggih, already pre-installed all those pretty famous destinations right. So Terri just found the name of the place and the GPS led the way.

As mentioned in the earlier post, the Chicken Rice place was full and weather was hot, so we went for Satay Babi instead. I admited that although I roughly knew where the place was, I wasn't that sure. All I knew about Satay Babi besides that it taste delicious, was that it was located in some place called Laksamana and I had to pass by some hostel or hotel called Heeren Inn. So imagine this, Gladys driving, I was observing the road ahead to tell her whether to go straight, head left or head right, and Terri was keying in the word, "L-a-k-s-a-m-a-n..." when I said, "ok, no need GPS already, I know where it is!" when I witnessed a familiar building. Poor GPS, from the moment it got on the trip with us, not much of an assistant. Lols.

So our day went on. Josephine joined us so we absolutely did not require the use of the GPS who was awaiting so patiently to serve... until, it was time to head home from Jonkers Street. I don't know what Terri punched in, but my guess was that it was leading us towards the Ayer Keroh exit. So happily the GPS was serving us... "keep left.. turn right and keep left... xx kilometres, turn right..." UNTIL Penny called me. We spoke a while and she advised us to use the Alor Gajah highway instead as it is safer for us girls. Right. So after I put down the phone, I told Gladys. For our safety, we decided to make a 'U' turn to find the Alor Gajah exit. And just so you know, at that point in time, the story telling of the Vampire series had already started.

Almost immediately after the 'U' turn, the GPS at its usual conditioning, would try to recalculate the distance and map-way to the nearest exit to Kuala Lumpur right? So we left it as it is as it went, "recalculating... recalculating... recalculating..." for a while while Terri & Gladys continued to story telling...

But the GPS kept on going "recalculating.. recalculating.. recalculating.. recalculating.. recalculating..." non-stop until it came to a point of irritation!!! ARGH!!!!!! It was bad enough that it could not locate the nearest exit, it couldn't access where we were and it kept on recalculating by itself while we were on a straight road!!!! ARGHHHHHHHH!!!! It was really interrupting their story telling... Lols.

So Terri finally decided to shut it off. Phew! There was truly a breath of relief from all 3 of us!! Lols. We found the Alor Gajah exit following the signboards while the story telling went disinterrupted... :)

Sighs... they and their vampire story... ;p

4 comments:

  1. We found the 'ayer keroh' exit my dear. u kept confusing alor gajah and ayer keroh. from malacca until. Hehehe... no wonder gps also become siow liau...*recalculating*....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it???????? Ah well.. Ayer Keroh exit.. Alor Gajah exit... *blur* WHATEVER!!!! Bah!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wasn't mine la.. My colleague who recommended 'Sg Ujong' for dinner pinjam me so that we can find our way there..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah... that explains it... hehehe

    ReplyDelete