Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Visit to the Hurt Toe

It's been a while since I saw the girls - Terri & Gladys. On the night my faithful handphone decided to go swimming, I called Terri (scared that it was too late to call Gladys) to plan our YC (yum cha) session the very nexy day (which was yesterday night). Since Gladys hurt her toe (and sounded like it was pretty bad on her blog), I suggested to Terri that I'd pick her up and head to Gladys house on the assumption that she might not be able to drive.

We arrived at Gladys' place at about 9:40pm. Before Gladys opened the gate for us, I asked Terri exactly what time did she tell Gladys that we'd arrive. Terri said, "9 something..."; I breathed a sigh of relief. I planned to arrive at 9:15pm but because of the longer journey, we de-toured and arrived a little later. Gladys has always stressed on our punctuality.. hahhaa.. looks like after 10 years, we are still the same.. hahaha..

Terri brought banana cakes and chocolate ice-cream. Gladys made hot lemon tea. The environment at her house was so cozy as she lit up some candles all over the house. I truly appreciate Gladys' effort to make it a point to make the environment so cozy and comfortable... I don't know how to explain it.. it is the little details like the way she placed the three mugs plus the jug of tea on the tree tray ready for our arrival, how she placed the runner across her dining table, how the candles were all litted around.. it makes me somehow just melt into the environment. Simply, beautiful. Sometimes I wished that I had that extra sense of 'details'... but argh.. me being me.. but then again, thank God for Gladys, I could always learn from her.. :) And Terri, being the very most 'si-lai' of us, will always share her freshly baked cakes... I was literally shocked to hear when she said that she was going to spend today 'perfecting' the layer cake! :-o But thank God for her, I had banana cakes for breakfast today! :)

The chat was as usual, fulfilling and fun. We managed to plan a day trip together sometime soon, talk about our kids (Terri & I), men (troublesome creatures, they are), ourselves, and other 'beings'... hahaha And I realised, that no matter how long we have not seen each other, we continue to share things with each other which we don't normally share with other people. There is a kind of realness and beauty in our friendship that is hard to be defined... (I mean, seriously... after 10 years and if the friendship hadn't matured to this stage, might as well just move on la).

I love us - the different aspects of us, the similiarity amongst us, the respect we have for each other, the support we pledge to each other.. most importantly, our own growth supported by one another, whether directly or indirectly. I always told hubby this - these 2 girls are the only ones who accepted me for who I am, from the beginning.. each time reminding me to honour myself, to live for myself, to love myself... They, allowed me the space to be who I could possibly be, and anything that I wanted to be.

Well, enough about being mushy. Later they perasan again... ;p Love ya, girls!! *winks*

2 comments:

  1. My pleasure. Do come more often. I craved company. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello...
    I SIMPLY refused to be called the MOST 'Si Lai' ok...
    Perfecting a cake is an ART... therefore I AM AN ARTIST OK ????
    How many Si Lais out there... can come and tell you... I'm gonna perfect my cake later ? or tomorrow ???
    Hmmmmph!!!

    ReplyDelete