Friday, October 9, 2009

It Happened AGAIN!!!

You wouldn't believe it! I dropped my handphone into the toilet bowl AGAIN for the second time within a year!! The last time I dropped my phone was on 18th October (I think) and yesterday was 8th October!! Outrageous!!
...
I was at Shangri-la for dinner with my beloved in laws last night (FIL's birthday). Took Thea to the toilet. She insisted that I did my 'business' first, so ok.. I obeyed and wasn't even aware that my handphone which was put at the back pocket of my jeans fell from there and dropped into the toilet bowl. Until I got ready to put Thea on the toilet bowl, to my shock-ness I found my handphone swimming in the toilet bowl!!!!!! Eeeeuuuuuuuu....... Bravely, I stuck my hand into the toilet bowl, grabbed it and quickly rushed to the tap to wash it. Because I had to attend to Thea's needs too, I did not have time to dismantle the handphone to air it immediately. Might I add that this is the same jeans that I wore which the previous phone fell out from too. :{
...
By the time we (Thea & I) walked back to the table, she excitedly announced again and again, "dada, mommi's handphone dropped into the toilet bowl!"; "mahmah (grandmother in Cantonese), mommi's handphone dropped into the toilet bowl!"; "yeh-yeh (grandfather in Cantonese), mommi's handphone dropped into the toilet bowl!"; even when I used hubby's handphone to call Bee to inform him that I'd not be contactable (obviously because I lost dropped my handphone into the toilet bowl!!), she spoke on the phone "Kapu (a nickname he called Bee by), mommi dropped her handphone into the toilet bowl!" She was like an absolute broken recorder... happily spreading the news!!!
...
Yeah, I know. It was funny.
...
Hubby then confessed, "you know honnee, actually.. I manifested for it, because I wanted a slim phone for spare."
...
and then,
...
Angel confessed, "you know, I actually wanted your hubby's number and because you lost your phone and you used your hubby's phone to call me, now I have his number!" (I used hubby's handphone to call her to let her know that I'd be not contactable) - her creation, too! :/
...
and then I thought,
...
"My goodness... you people!! One wants a spare phone, one wants hubby's number and ALL at my handphone's expense!! Poor handphone..."
...
Yeah, I know... it's funny too...
...
Anyway, I went to the shop today to put in my dropped-in-the-toilet-bowl handphone to be serviced and fixed, if anything went wrong with it after the incident; and at the same time, bought another new phone which met hubby's requirement - cheap & slim.
...
Our trusted vendor (we've got a couple of handphones from him before) said that he'd deliver the new handphone to me at about 3pm, so I am experiencing the wait.
...
I told hubby last night that it could be a good idea to be without handphone for a day or two.. since no one would be looking for me or that I am not that important a person anyway (I am only a housewife, how busy and important could I get?), and he said this, "honnee, you'd be surprised!"
...
True enough, when our trusted vendor offered to loan a handphone to me - firstly to test if my sim card was still working and secondly to use until I receive the new one this afternoon. The minute I switched on the loaned handphone, I received non-stopped messages!! Man, I was shocked and got scared! I immediately switched off the handphone and gave him back the handphone.. explaining that I'd rather have a peace of mind of not knowing for the moment. The handphone he loaned me was nearly out of battery, and in case it runs out on me, and I'd had something to address through the messages on the handphone, I'd imagine that I'd be pretty 'kan cheong'... so thanks, no thanks. I'll just survive without a handphone until the new one is ready. :)
...
So, in case you were trying to reach me, and wondered what happened - this happened. And, if you are still trying to reach me, you can "Try Again Later." ;p hehehe.. just being cheeky!

No comments:

Post a Comment