Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day Trip with the Vampires

We planned this 2 weeks ago during the visit to the hurt toe of Ms. Gladys a.k.a. the 1st Vampire to be bitten amongst us. To my surprise, they tired themselves out equally as I did the night before this day but the struggle to wake up for this trip was worthwhile. Right, girls? Lols.

THE HAPPENINGS (though not in sequence):

The Food




I don't think I need to repeat this twice. I love Satay Babi. So we went there for lunch (thank you God, for making the queue at the Chicken Rice shop along Jonker Street so unbearable long and the weather so hot that it turned Gladys off so that I could eat Satay Babi for lunch ;p). Gladys & Terri did not really enjoy them. Josephine (who joined us later) revealed that there was another shop in Melaka Raya which was nicer. Ok, but I didn't know mah... I enjoyed the Satay Babi anyway. I was only supposed to eat 1 or 2 sticks (by strict orders from the Vampires-Gladys & Terri), but I just couldn't resist! So I had 15.

Obviously, Gladys & Terri were not satisfied with lunch, so we went to Donald & Lily's.



I did not order anything on my own (are you mad? I had 15 sticks of delicious satay babi earlier!!!) but this apparently must-try cendol. It was ok la. I didn't finish it though.

After lunch, we went singing which will be revealed under another category. This is the food section, so pay attention!

After singing, Josephine took us to this kampung place for dinner. I can't really remember what is the name of the place but I took a picture of the name of the stall.



It is called Haji Musa Medan (I think) Ikan Bakar something. It is stall 3 and 4 and 5 and 6
not 3456. ;D


Gladys taking shots of dunno-what & dinner.


This, is NOT dinner. Just a cat, VERY VERY attracted to Terri. ;D

The Karaoke

On the way to Malacca, I asked Gladys, "So, are we going to Neway or Redbox?"

Gladys said, "None. We are going to a Malacca-brand karaoke."

Right.


"GoGo KTV Box" - the Malacca-brand Karaoke @ the Jetty

And mind you, it was looooooooooooooooong walk from the car park to GoGo KTV Box.





We were at Room 42
(from left to right) Josephone, Terri & Gladys


Gladys & Terri showing their singing stunts. :D

After Dinner


I think this trip was the first time in dunno how long that I've made a visit to Jonkers' Street at night. I've almost forgotten how bright, colourful, hot, noisy and at the same time attractive it can be.

We were there to look for a pair of princess slippers for Thea. Unfortunately, it was sold out. But the experience to walk around the busy street was stupendous despite the heat. At that moment, I remember wishing that I had more time to explore this popular street. Unfortunately again, we had to head home.


The Drive



Gladys, the driver generously offered to drive Terri, herself & I down to Malacca.

Throughout the drive, I talked alot. And then, I realised that it was because they enjoyed me telling them stories about what was going on in and around me. Not that I mind, but my mouth started to get very tired, so I got them talking instead.

The trick: Vampires - their newfound love/interest.

They started telling me about this Twilight series of novels that they have been reading, introducing the characters, Bella, Jaccob and etc... It was quite funny observing them (I was sitting at the back), how they were discussing about the characters and etc etc... it was as if, those characters were really people and it was as if, they knew them (the characters). I had a great time observing and listening to the twist of the stories. I actually felt like I was attending some orientation to be part of the Vampire gang.

After finishing the first parts of the story, Gladys revealed that she liked such fantasy stories. So did Terri.. and then we talked about Harry Potter. Well, I was crazy about Harry Potter. In a way, still is. :) So we talked about Harry Potter until we arrived in Malacca.
-----
During the drive back from Malacca, I asked Gladys to tell me why we would need a half human, half vampire (according to the Twilight series). She said that she was not a story teller (like real!!) and she was not free to story me (because she was trying to find her way to the highway back to KL). So I turned to Terri. Terri, always being the kindest, then storied me. Gladys, despite declaring that she was not free, was off and on adding the bits and pieces of the story of what Terri missed. Hahaha.. she knew the story so well, and she could not resist! At the end, Terri AND Gladys storied me almost the entire whole series. They even told me to go google Jacob something.. that he is a hunk! Hilarious.. :D Well, I don't like competition or to share, so I guess I'd just stick to my Kevin Cheng.. Lols.

At the End

We arrived at KL at about 10pm something. I dropped Terri home before heading off to Klang for a temple thing with my family.

Although we were all very tired at the end of the day, I believed we enjoyed ourselves very much. I know I did. I already said that in my last entry, didn't I? I loved the ride to Malacca, the story-telling, the food, the singing (though it did get a little boring after a while), the photo-shooting (yes I did take some pictures), the walk at Jonkers Street and most importantly, the laughters and fun which accompanied us throughout the day. Oh yes, before I forget, you could read another version of our day at Redbabe's blog (she's Gladys, by the way).

Did I mention, we are meeting this Thursday to watch "Twilight" the movie together? *winks*

4 comments:

  1. Good write-up! I like the photo of "Gladys & Terri showing their singing stunts". You could be an event photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot about my GPS going.. 'Recalculating.. recalculating... recalculating'... until we almost went bonkers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah... wanted to write about it.... darn GPS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mun: Thanks for the encouragement! I like taking abstract pictures too! :)

    Terri & Gladys: Oh yeah hor.. I absolutely forgot about that darn irritating GPS...

    ReplyDelete