Saturday, October 17, 2009

Down Time! Down Time!

The day after my 1st QiGong class (which was yesterday) - you wouldn't believe it, I fell sick. I woke up feeling nauseous, dizzy, coupled with head-aches, neck-aches, shoulder-aches, joint-aches, even teeth-aches.. yah, all the aches you can imagine!! Hubby was kind. He woke up earlier, told me to rest and fetched Thea to school while I rested at home. But came 12pm, same same la.. that fella go play golf, and I had to go pick Thea up from school. The journey, I tell you.. was suffering. Aches became pain - like real chronic pain which were like spasms in nature, which allowed me moment-to-moments of 'rest' - kononlah.. I was struggling hard between not puking, not fainting and not giving way. Difficult task - especially when your daughter says she doesn't want to go home yet!

What disappointed me most at that point in time was, knowing that I am like really physically sick my hubby still went to play golf. I virtually felt like a bloody victim. Thoughts that ran my mind were amazing... wanna leave him la.. useless bozo la... don't care for me la.. don't love me la... and these trails went on and on.. with hatred, anger and sadness..

And then Angel called me and asked me, "eh, BB ask you what you resisting to the trip?" You see, I was supposed to go on a trip with the C&C gang. I have been looking forward to it and even borrowed my dad's 500D so that I could learn a thing or two from BB (he owns a 500D too). I even got ready Boon Ling's birthday present (her birthday is at the end of the month) and Steven's granddaughter's gift (his daughter just gave birth to a baby girl)! I got everything ready! Everything... except my body.. or should I say, that part of mental state?!? I was even planning to bring 10 packets of Cafe 21 too (Angel & I like Cafe 21)! Obviously, I had to back out from the trip because I am still unwell. And you know, I was supposed to be one of the driver... :(

My whole body is still aching, my head and neck and shoulders are still heavy, I don't feel like eating, or drinking... and honestly, I feel like dying... :(

And since today is Deepavali, I guess I'd be missing out on all the Indian food and murukkus as well...

If you are wondering if I went to see a doctor.. yes, I did. A Chinese doctor. I've decided that I ought to give Chinese medicine a try since I have been on Western medicine ALL THE TIME and all it does is suppress or cure my symptoms. I've heard and read that Chinese medication not only cures the symptoms, but also re-balances the insides - whatever that means. I received 3 opinions on the possibilities of why I fell sick: -

  1. Chinese doctor said, "maybe a lot of people at the QiGong place are not well, and you took it on."
  2. Guy who pack Chinese medicine said, "aiya.. you overexert yourself during QiGong..."
  3. MIL told hubby, "I think ar.. she must have on the aircon after QiGong or shower after QiGong, is it??"
Hmm... all also sounds very reasonable possibilities.. but seriously, what is the point of reasoning it when I am already at this stage... sighs....

C&C gang, I wish you wonderful and joyous moments together during the trip! :)

To all my friends who are celebrating Deepavali or not, may the light of which Deepavali represents, brings to us all, a passage filled with clarity, right understanding, wisdom, love, joy, good health and all, that will lead us to where we are one... :)

3 comments:

  1. Take it easy, my dear. Many factors to your illness....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still play golf? How about a game with you and your husband?

    ReplyDelete