Saturday, November 21, 2009

Alicia's Hen Night

Well, it's not exactly a Hen's night per se. What I understand of a Hen's night is an all girls' night where they make the bride-to-be do some silly stuffs just before they get hitched. Lols. I never attended any of these kind of events, so I don't know if what I've described is right. But it was a get-together tonight, of Alicia's good friends and I am blessed to be one of them.

I arrived at Prince Apartments at 6pm. My initial plan was to meet up with Terri earlier but then I had to cancel my plans with her because Alicia sounded a little stressed-out about the wedding preparations from our earlier conversation so I decided instead to be by her side to support her in whatever way that I could. I guessed that a wedding, especially when handled singled-handedly could be pretty stressful.

She looked really happy to see me! Like wise, I was too. She took me up to the Residence suite that she was staying and allowed me to help her do some stuffs. I was later introduced to her relatives. Very lovely people who offered help to Alicia in any way they could too. Being Alicia, she only wanted her guests to relax and enjoy the stay (they are from outstation) and the wedding day. She continuously assured them that all is taken care of at the same time, picking up the phone making arrangements to ensure that her relatives' needs were met. She is just so nice and considerate. Despite how tired she was, she still put on her best smile and humour. :)

We had dinner with her sister and her best friend, Gowri. It was fun just discussing the games that we were going to get the guys to participate in when Danny (the groom) and his buddies come in tomorrow. We laughed a lot. And when Donald arrived finally, the company was complete with even much more happiness and laughters. We talked a littlle about the old times when we went for a walk by the pool side. It felt good laughing at old times, reminiscing the our younger days together during our 2-weeks study trip in Australia. So much fun we had then, and so much fun and appreciation we have now to be able to recall such beautiful memories together. I truly enjoyed my time with them.

I can't wait to see them again tomorrow. Although Donald will not be able to join us tomorrow morning for the tea ceremony due to work commitments, but Ri7 and Oli will be there and it will surely be a joyous occasion witnessing one of our old friend's auspicious day. We will have a great time tomorrow night again, as we always do.

My heart is filled with joy and appreciation today, and I am glad to be able to go to bed tonight with a smile on my face. :)

Night night and happy dreams...

No comments:

Post a Comment