Monday, November 9, 2009

Mother's Touch

The other day I received a call from dad requesting me to take one of Chalse's (his favourite dog) sick puppy to the vet. Apparently, the puppy wasn't drinking and was cold all the time.

I took the puppy to the nearby vet, accompanied by hubby and Thea. The vet explained that these kind of conditions are usually bacterial or viral infections caused by no immunity in the puppy. When I revealed to her that the puppies were separated from their mother because they refuse to drink milk when they are with their mother (due to the fact that the mother [Chalse] is rather old hence her incapability to produce sufficient milk for the puppies], she explained that the puppies NEED to be with their mother, regardless. The mother knows instinctively how to clean the puppies, warm the puppies and nurture the puppies (yeah, expect the no-milk part) and this helps the puppies. They (the puppies) function better naturally with their mother with them, not separated. Although their immune system would not be as good due to lack of mother's milk but because of the mother's instinct to clean them, they would be free of germs anyway. I spent quite some time at the vet absorbing whatever that I could from the vet and at the same time, sent love to the little puppy. I looked at him with so much love and compassion in my heart that I decided to name him 'Hero'; I just know that he will survive this. And also, the vet clinic did need a name for the puppy to register his file in their computer system. ;p

Today, dad called today asking if I had old newspapers for the puppies use. I quickly offered whatever old newspapers that were left in my storeroom and brought the pile over just about half hour ago.

On my way to dad's place, I remembered that after the visit to the vet, I'd advised the maid (from the vet's tireless sharing) that she needed to provided a cleaner environment for the puppies, i.e. instead of just changing the newspaper beneath them. I explained that she needed to take a warm cloth to clean their face, wiped their "a-hem" and bum-bum and so on so forth. When I arrived at dad's place with the old newspapers, I took the opportunity to ask her how Hero was. She smiled and said cheerfully that he was already eating!! And heartily!! My heart jumped with joy! I was so happy that Hero had recovered and is now healthy! I asked her if she did anything differently. She shared that besides cleaning them more thoroughly, she also started to put the puppies near Chalse so that they could be close to their mother. At the same time, as they attempt to suckle their mother's nipples for milk, she sat beside them ready to ambush them with the milk bottle!! Lols.. she is so smart! I was absolutely delighted. :)

As I reversed my car from dad's driveway, I smiled at the thought of how much a mother's touch could do to a child; be it a human or an animal. People used to say that a Mother's Love is unconditional. However, after I've embarked the spiritual journey, I realised that Mother's Love too, is conditional - because it is uncondittional by the fact that 'YOU' are 'MY' child - and that, is a condition. Having said that though, Mother's Love can be experienced as the closest we'd ever get to Unconditional Love here on earth... Ahh... Unconditional Love reminds me of dear Master Hari too. :D

So Mothers out there (myself included) - my deepest respect, salute, gratitute, appreciation and love to you! :D

1 comment: