Monday, November 2, 2009

Weekend

Twilight
You wouldn't believe it. I actually couldn't put the book down! 'Twilight', I mean! And I was contemplating after I finished the last page of the book, if I should rush to the book store to get 'New Moon'. I assessed my impulsiveness and decided - no, not today anyway; because I would have made a purposefully drive there, wasting resources. I'll get it tomorrow.. ;p

I finished the book in 2 days. It was great. I did not find it long-winded as what the girls experienced. I loved Stephenie Meyer's writing style, so descriptive and detailed, so that I, as the reader was able to experience what the writer envisaged. Fantastic. And guess what, I made hubby watch the movie with me too! He summarised that it gave him an insight of what Vampires are really like (especially the new breed - by the way, he loves vampires), and I experienced it more as a... you know, love story.. rather than a vampire story. The experience of a girl, falling in love; the experience of a girl, being in love; the experience of a girl, who fights to be with the one she loves. Yeah sure, the vampires do make the story a little more interesting. :)

Ryan & Agnes' Wedding
That was on Saturday night. We were right on time for the dinner. Hubby was making a fuss during the drive there on how we are always late for wedding dinners and etc etc etc... lols... it was really cute. I was unaffected at all. As far as I was concerned, I was not late. I was on time. I didn't have to wait for 1.5 hours before dinner started, and it gave me some time (or rather sufficient time) to say hi, congratulate the groom, find my sit and act pretty. Within half hour, dinner started. What perfect timing!!

Agnes looked beautiful. But that night, instead of bringing the G10 or BB's 500D (did I mention, BB put his 500D under my care while away on retreat), I brought out 'Twilight'. Really, as if I could read in the car or during dinner (quite rude, right?) - so I totally missed a picture opportunity with them with my own camera. Agnes was a little uncomfy in her gowns because well, she is pregnant. I guess the bloatedness and etc got into her. I remember those feelings.. hmm...

We didn't stay very late. Ryan had too many friends there to entertain to hope that he would give us the usual attention that he would have given us. So, we decided to leave early, right after dessert. :)

Salsa Havana
I heard that Salsa Havana was closing down and relocating. Hubby was quite sure that after the wedding dinner, I would want to go straight home so that I could continue reading 'Twilight'. He was right. There was about 80% of me which wanted to do that. But I figured, we (hubby and I) were already out, and I was dressed pretty decently (not like my usual si-lai-house-wife style) so I told him that I want to go to Salsa Havana - that is, of course, if Alina was there too.

So I texted Alina. So blessed, she was there. After the dessert, we left for Salsa Havana. It has been a long while since I've heard latin music. Sounded like heaven to me. I was welcomed by the sight of Mike standing outside Salsa Havana, smoking. He then brought me to Alina. It was so good to see her again! I missed her. :) And it was pretty good to see her in colours too (as in colourful makeup)! She looked gorgeous. :)

I had a total of 3.5 dances only (yes, I counted). Thrice with Mike and half a dance with hubby. I tried to teach him, but he was really too shy... poor fella.. Besides that, I had a great time catching up with Alina. :)

We left at about 1pm. I think we were there for barely 1.5 hours. But it was ok. It was a good start. At least I am physically there, rather than dreaming about it!!

Home & Sleep
After we got home and changed, I read. Lols... just couldn't resist. But I guess I was too tired after that, I actually dozed off.

And I woke up the next morning (Sunday) at 1130am!! Jolly wholly!! I've never woke up so late in a long long time! Felt great! And then I read, and read, and read with the short interruption trip to Pyramid to get my laptop fixed (the letter 's' on my keyboard hadn't been functioning for a while ;p).

And can you imagine, after we got back, I slept some more.. suddenly I just love to sleep so much.. Lols. Must be catching up with lost sleep before this!

I was literally forced to wake up just to have dinner.. :/ I think if hubby didn't wake me up, I would have slept right through... just to wake up to read 'Twilight' instead.

Dinner was darn good, by the way. My in laws (had dinner with them) always had a way to work up my appetite! :D

Conclusion
I had a good mix of the weekend. The reading, the dancing, the sleeping, the eating, the traveling, the catching up and etc... Now, I am quite determined to get a pair of dancing schools. I wanna go dancing with Alina and Gladys and Terri. Hubby said he would take up dancing, as long as it made me happy. Well, I am more in a position of, 'if you wanna take up dancing, make sure that you are happy. not me!'

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun although it was only 3.5 dances only... :D And it was great to see you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear that you have a swell weekend. Wah, your hubby is willing to come out of his shell to take up dancing just to make you happy. That's what I call commitment to marriage. Most likely when he sees your happiness when he is dancing with you, he will be happy too. Happiness is infectious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alina: Oohhh.. yes, it was so good to see you too!! And good on Mike to get hooked on to dancing!!

    Mun: Heheh.. a man can say what he wants, but until he does it only then will we be able to determine who makes who happy. He has told me that he will take up dancing since 2 years ago... :/

    ReplyDelete