Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Purposeful Inception

What a title! I am amazed myself. :)

I slept through the day after reading a few chapters of 'New Moon'. Interesting. And shortly after I've got up from my nap, I received a call from Ryan, more like a follow up of his earlier sms that they (Ryan & Agnes) went for a gynae checkup and found that the baby did not have a heartbeat. They seeked for a second opinion and the results were the same. I think, it must have been sad news for them. And I believe that they composed themselves before calling me to update me on the news.

To be honest, there was a certain kind of understanding that unfolded in my space. That, the baby did not die, only that the formation of the egg and sperm had fulfilled its purpose in bringing Ryan & Agnes closer in spirit through their union. Although I do remember what I vaguely told Ryan & Agnes in my attempt to uplift them from their recent sadness, I also remember that the words that came out from my mouth were natural and did not require thinking. It was as if, the information did not come from me, and yet, I had all the answers. Something that hubby mentioned once to me, too.

Who could tell, why the formation of life - which brought two people together in their union? Who could tell why that formation fell apart right after the wedding? What are they but a story, or if you like it, a purpose for it and for what purpose further would they stay on if their purpose had been fulfilled?

I told Ryan & Agnes to pray tonight - to thank God and the little one for His and his presence, if ever they are separate; also to light a candle. I don't know why. I guess it is just a symbol - a symbol of light, of innocence, of purity, of love.

Blessed be, dear one. Love be with you, and Ryan, and Agnes.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, recalling a past post in your blog, I was just wondering whether is it appropriate to announce a certain pregnancy which involves Chinese couples before a certain timeline (I think it's called the 1st trimester), according to traditional Chinese beliefs? Is it "pantang"? Not too sure here .. Just checking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anonymous, as far as I am concern, it is only but a limiting belief. I remember when I first found out that I was pregnant, I announced it to the world and my Thea came out healthy and fine. :)

    ReplyDelete