Monday, January 18, 2010

1st Day on the Job (for the year!) & Jealousy

Today was the first free movie of the year for Clove&Clive. I was on duty hence the subject heading for this entry ;). We had a whooping number who attended the session! It is always encouraging to receive such response. I especially invited Boon Ling to share her view on the movie, The Shift, today.

This movie shares about each individual's Shift in life. We all go through many shifts in life, but usually just one major Shift. And that was the kind of Shift that we were talking about. Wayne Dyer, in the movie, shared that there is the morning shift, when we were born and taught in life of what we can do and what we cannot do - all of which belongs to the category of limiting ideas. It is like, living our lives according to other people's (parents, teachers, friends, society and etc) dreams or ideas. And then comes the Shift, where we listen and answer to our inner calling and start being our true, authentic self. We shed off ideas which were again and again reinforced in the earlier parts of our lives and start rediscovering our true authentic qualities. This is called the afternoon shift.

The attendees shared their various points of views, which were all valuable. It was indeed one of those sessions where interaction was actively present. In some of the previous sessions I had conducted, there were only one or two active people who shared their opinions, but today was just great!

After we closed up, hubby and I went to 1U for dinner. Although we see each other every day but we hardly had time to really connect with each other, so we decided to make this evening our 'Pak-Tor' (dating) day. We went for dinner at Shogun and walked abouts 1U. We were laughing and talking so much! Plus, I was also teasing and irritating him about how he wouldn't let me buy the Nikon D90! Lols. At one point when he could not stand it anymore, he revealed a little secret to me... Yeah, a little secret... so keep guessing la! hah!

I truly had a lot of fun today. At Clove&Clive and 1U -- surrounded by loving and beautiful presence. I am also grateful for the quick understanding that arose within me when I felt jealous over an insane idea I had earlier in the day. Ah.. jealousy... "When I am jealous of someone or something, it is only because I am seeing a seeming lack in myself, not fully appreciating and accepting myself in the Now, already yearning for an impossible future which will never come. What I must now do is to remember and consciously bring myself back into the Now, and realise that whatever that I thought I lacked had never left me. It has never been mind to begin with. Such, is the power of Greed and and wrong ideas in the Mind." - this understanding liberated my feeling of jealousy and immediately the sense of peace set it. :) Coincidently, my teacher BB was also inspired to write something about jealousy. Click here for further insights on jealousy! :)

Tomorrow is the beginning of another week now. I hope everyone had a great weekend and wish everyone loving moments the coming week. Namaste! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment