Sunday, January 3, 2010

Getting Ready For School


Yesterday after Thea's ballet classes, we went to scout around for a school bag and a pencil case. Decided that her existing school bags were just not big enough. She had to carry 4 exercise books, 1 student diary, a box of crayons, 1 box of colour pencils, 1 30cm ruler and a pencil case. Oh ya, her existing pencil case is tooooo big too. Lols. You know.. those pretty jumbo sized ones where we could put many many pens, colour pencils and etc in it? She didn't need all of that. She only needed 3 pencils, 1 eraser and 1 sharpener. That's list that was what the book list says!

Finally, we settled for what we (as in, her and the parents) liked... I was actually wondering to myself if I was buying the school bag for her or for myself... lols! Ah nevermind la... at least now we are BOTH happy!! Lols. As I was going to make payment, I noticed this PVC emboss thingy standing out amongst the rest of the stuffs on display. I've seen it before and knew roughly what it was for... my gosh, I just never thought that I'd pick it up as if I'd need it! Or maybe let me rephrase that.. I never thought that I'd need it SO SOON!!!


Exercise Book Cover

Obviously, I bought it to wrap Thea's exercise books. When I took out a sheet of the exercise book cover, I was wondering to myself how it worked until I scanned through the covers and found available instructions printed on the cover! Great! And you know what, it ws easy peasy!! No sticky tape required! And this regime kinda brought back memories...

I remember when I was a schooling child, mom and I would buy those PVC book wrapper in roles and we'd sit down on the floor to measure, cut and tape the wrappers around our (my brothers and I) text and exercise books. Due to the number of books that needed 'protection', our backs would ache a little by the time we stood up. It was fun, but hard work!! Lols. And as I grew up, I did all the wrapping all by myself. Must say that I'd feel kinda proud of myself for doing even stuffs like that.. you know, kinda like a sense of independance and accomplishment. I was not from a very rich family, just that I grew up in an environment where most of my stuffs are all arranged and laid down for me. Ah, Mother's Love..  :) So there's not much for me to worry about except to study hard and swim hard (I was a competitive swimmer then). And that also I was not a top student!! tsk! tsk! LOLS!!

Back to the modern book wrappers, I find it so convenient!! Just wrap the damn thing around the book and slip the book covers into some slits that are already available within the covers. You could even adjust the lengths! If you had tried one of these, you'd know what I mean! Lols!

Anyway, after I've wrapped everything, packed everything, I called out to her and showed her what was going into her new bag. She was good.. she wanted to pack her stuffs herself. I was so proud of her...

So tomorrow.. argh... honestly, I am still shuddering from the thought of waking up early tomorrow morning.. have not done that since ages!!! bbbrrrr....  ah, but for the little girl.. anything la... I sure hope that she will enjoy herself on the 1st day of school...


Thea's school bag

Have a safe journey to and a beautiful day at school, kiddos!!!

4 comments:

  1. Happy schooling Thea! Have fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun sending Thea and enjoy your first day Moon! BTW, how old is Thea? She looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mun: Thanks!! She surely enjoyed school!!!

    sdovelly: TQ! TQ! My gem is turning 4 this year!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thea's schooling!!! And guess what??? Caitlin's got the EXACT same bag of Minnie Mouse. I bought it for Caitlin as a X'mas pressie!

    Great mummies think alike!!!

    ReplyDelete