Monday, March 22, 2010

An Angel's Birthday

JH decided to throw a birthday party for his lovely wife, JW. He had taken the time and effort to be in touch with her friends, including me and warned us specifically it is to be a surprise birthday party, so we must not leak a word to his wife. He had requested each of us, if possible, to cook something and to bring over to his place. Although I was quite sure that my schedule would be quite tight for the day, but I trusted myself on God's time and everything worked out perfectly timely for me.

Roasted Chicken Wings - New Recipe by Moon :)
I know the Roasted Chicken Wings doesn't look appetizing but I assure you, it was delicious if I may say so myself (ahem, despite the leftovers at the end of the night). I started marinating the chicken wings at about 12ish (afternoon) the minute I got home and rushed off to the Alumni's AGM. Got home by 5ish and started roasting them right away. The sweet aroma resulting from the roasting was yum yum!!

Arrived at JH's place at about early 7ish. Was ordered to park as far as I could from his house. Imagine, having to sling the new toy over my shoulder, one hand with JW's present, another with my handbag balancing the tray of chicken wings alone ain't easy. Just wasn't used to not having anybody to carry stuffs for me.. ;p Where was hubby? Resting at home as he had an early flight the next day.

We wanted as much as JH to make the surprise as perfect as it could be for JW, we all decided that we should hide our shoes.

If you are wondering who is the butler, his name is Shawn. :) Sorry, he is not for hire. ;p
There was nothing much to do after that except to wait for the 'phonecall' from JH...

Beautiful scenery from JH's home.

Some of them crowding in the kitchen preparing for the 'moment'.

Some of us waiting for the 'phonecall'
And finally, the phone call came!! They were 5 minutes away. We switched off the major lights and got the cake ready...


While waiting...
And in she popped, surprised!!!!!

The surprised JW being nudged by hubby to walk into her party!!

Making her birthday wish.

This is JW's friend who was one of the chef for the night. He cooked on the spot. :)

Yummy pasta!!

Dinner Time!!!




Beautiful Eva






If you are wondering about the last 4 photos.... you see, JW requested for each of her friend present that night to sing her a song. I don't know what gave her the idea that we would comply to her request and you know what, we all did!! But to make it less embarrassing, we each picked a song and then everybody sang along. JW had most songs in her laptop and one of her friends (Vincent, I think) had like many many many many many many many many many (you get the point right?) songs on his iPhone so music was not a problem. The lyrics were. And because nearly EVERYONE in that room had an iPhone, my goodness, it was so easy to just download the lyrics from their iPhone to sing together!! So if you look at the pictures carefully again, they were all singing to the lyrics on their iPhones!! Yes, ALL OF THEM!!! No kidding!! (Psst... hubby, I want an iPhone too!! ;ppp)

By the way, Lady Gaga is JW's favourite!




 JH & JW



I knew JW through JH, her being JH's partner; and JH is an old friend from secondary school. I remember when I first met JW, we didn't connect very well but as time went by, we developed a beautiful friendship. :)

And here are some photos of the beautiful couple: -




Happy Birthday Jui Wan!!!
May all that you aspire be all that you experience...

Namaste. :)

4 comments:

  1. Man...how thoughtful of your friend to have thought of a surprise partay!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, sdovelly, somewhat romantic too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the photo with the caption "JH & JW". The shape looks like a love or heart shape. How did you manage to capture that at the exact moment before the people in the foreground move? Is JH one of the two persons in the foreground?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi mun, yes.. one of the persons is JH. All I can say is I had to fast!! It was exactly how I wanted the shot to be. :)

    ReplyDelete