Thursday, March 18, 2010

Another day at Gym & Piggin' Out!!

I obediently, dilligently went to the gym this morning for a run. Mike (the personal trainer) said I have to be more hardworking and learn to be on my own, which I agree. Before I arrived at the club, Terrie called me for breakfast. Told her I will join her after my 30-minute run.

So I was there running. I observed two kinds of mind states as I ran. When I was looking forward to the end of the run - to end the torture of running, to meet with Terrie asap so that I could sit down and eat and gossip, I felt a sense of suffering as I ran when I noticed how slowly time seemed to tick away. But when I was staying present to the run, noticing how much I had come along (as in xxx km, xxx mins), I noticed a sense of peace, joy and appreciation for the run, or more real, appreciation for myself for staying with the run (ahem, I am hardly that discipline ;p). Some words appeared in the mind as each second went past, "this moment is different from the other."

I had a good workout. And after I sat down at PapaRich, I just ate non-stop. I ordered celery siew mai because I thought that was a healthy choice, but the portion was soooooo small that I had to put in an additional order of 'fu-chuk'. Still, not enough. Shortly, hubby joined us for breakfast/brunch and he ordered porridge. He ate half, and I whalloped the rest. Was I a pig or what?!?

So after all these eating, I ought to be pretty full right? Hmm, guess what, the mind was already thinking what to have for lunch. I could not resist lunch! Because hubby reheated last night's yummylicious baked pasta which I had cooked!! Ooooh, those cheese... and after that, hubby had to open up a packet of Cheezels... oooooooh, cheezels...... Bad, bad hubby... hrmf!! And now I am thinking, 'Darn... and all the hard work this morning!!' Lols.

Well, doesn't matter. I've decided that if my legs aren't aching so much by tonight and if I didn't receive a VERY-IMPORTANT phonecall by this evening, I'd probably go for another run tomorrow morning at the gym again. I guess it is a sure way to move myself towards fitness!! ;D

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha...all hard work and effort down the drain! :p but aren't most of us like that? that is where gym can make $$$ from mah! :p

    ReplyDelete