Thursday, March 18, 2010

Disney On Ice 2010

Sunday, 14th March 2010

Bought tickets for this show last year with Jer Lin. Unfortunately, hubby was rostered to work so I was left with an extra ticket. I was thinking of Paul, since Paul is very much like a kid in her own ways but before I could make that call to Paul, dad called.

Dad: Eh, gerry-ah, the Disney On Ice is coming to Malaysia you know?
Me: Ya dad, I know.
Dad: Are you bringing Thea ah?
Me: Ya, we bought tickets last year d.
Dad: Oh, you bought tickets adi ar..
Me: Ya, why, you want to go is it?
Dad: Ya lo, I thought of going.
Me: *shocked* Er.. actually I have one extra ticket. We bought 3 tickets but Jason is working so you want to go or not?
Dad: huh, you got free ticket ar, ok la ok la, I go la. When is it ar?
Me: 14th March.
Dad: What day is it?
Me: Sunday.
Dad: Oh ok.. huh.. Sunday ar?
Me: Ya.
Dad: Er... what time ar?
Me: 11 o'clock in the morning. So we have to leave earlier.
Dad: Har... 11 o'clock ah? ok, nevermind, nevermind.. I arrange I arrange.
Me: Why, you need to play golf is it?
Dad: No, no.. I arrange I arrange. You remind me ah..
Me: Ok.

And that was where our extra ticket went, with Love. Ahh... the love of a grandpa...

He remembered alright.. the whole thing was just sweet... :)

Kung2 with Thea walking towards the stadium
We were early, so Kung2 and Thea and driver-of-the-day a.k.a. Mommi had a cuppa before the show.
Thea was really excited. But the moment she witnessed the amount of people in the stadium itself, she pulled my hand and declared that she wanted to go home. She didn't like the crowd or the noise. Seriously, what was she thinking?!? Mickey & Minnie giving her a private show?!?! Duh!!

Kung2 was really patient and nice. He kept talking to Thea, and wanted to buy anything for his granddaughter from the stalls. It was really a sweet sight. :)

Kung2 & Thea before the show. Ya, she was still in the 'I wanna go home' mood. Lols!
As soon as the show began, I tell you... tears nearly rolled down my cheeks. I was so touched by the talented dancers (and mind you, it was only the first dance!!) and couldn't help but wonder if I could have been one of them if my parents had allowed me to pursue performing arts instead of the secured-recession-proof accounting or finance degree. I reminded myself at that moment to always support my daughter in her interests, no matter what they are.

Very soon, Thea began to warm up to the show by herself! She started to swing her legs to the music and clapped her hands to applaud. It felt good to see her stress easing off and that she was finally enjoying the show!

Joining us were JerLin and her family. We didn't manage to speak to each other much because we were both attracted to the show and to the reactions of our kids. I am sure she enjoyed herself as much as I did, just knowing that our kids were having fun at that very moment. :)
Thea, Mommi & Kung2 during the intermission.
I took this picture myself. Shiok Sendiri.. ;p
Aunty JerLin & Thea after the show.

Needless to say, dad, Thea, and I had a great time. We proceeded to a shopping mall for lunch followed by some shopping. Dad wanted to buy some shoes, and ended up paying for an extra pair of shoes (for Thea) when Thea said she liked this pink little pony sandals! Sighs.. my daughter is sure to be spoilt by her grandparents! In the midst of shopping, my aunt Amy (dad's sister) called. She asked me, "what are you doing?" and I said, "oh, nothing much, shopping with dad.. " She laughed and teased, "wah.. so good girl arr..spending time with daddy" I returned the laugh and said, "hahaha.. no la... he is the good boy! he is spending time with Thea and me!" Lols! Of course, it was a joke! I am only too glad for this time spent with my dad. It is hard to get him away for anything except work and golf. I am glad at at least for the first half of that day, it was quality time between just dad, Thea and I. 

I asked dad if he would be interested in future shows like these. "Ya! of course! Next time, just buy my ticket and let me know what day la!" he replied with surety. It's pleasant. :)

I look forward to more father-daughter-granddaughter outings. :) Thank you, Disney on Ice! *winks*

Note: When I told mom the next day that dad went with us to the Disney on Ice, she reminded me that dad used to bring us (when my brothers and I were kids) to these kind of shows too. Unfortunately, I have no memory of it :(. And now, it makes me wonder what would have been in dad's mind, having 're-experience' the Disney on Ice once again, only now with his daughter and his granddaughter...  


2 comments:

  1. Good to see Thea's happy face when she was enjoying the show after a while. :) And your father is really being the perfect grandfather here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mun. In fact, my dad is the perfect father ~ only he doesn't know. :)

    ReplyDelete