Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Far, but Near...

I remember I was really sad when a dear friend of mine, Hilda had to go to UK to further studies. Not sad for her, but for myself. I was happy for her, because she was flying off for a better-rounded education, experience; but sad because she was leaving my vicinity so to speak.

And then we hardly caught up, due to her busy-ness, due to my busy-ness. My bad, my bad.. I was caught up in my own ruckus...

She's been through hell and back on her own; so have I; since then. :)

I knew her through puppy.com. Thanks to Elly somehow pulling all of us together. With Joanne too, we had had a series of good fun with our furkids. :)

I remember telling her before she left for the UK, "Oh Hilda, what am I to do without you?" She was one whom I had spent lots of time with, baking, talking, chatting, laughing.. and especially time when I was alone at home (whilst pregnant) she would come to accompany me - play scrabbles, watch movie, eat... and boy, she can really really eat!! Sometimes I wonder where all those food go within her little petite body!

And today, I finally get news that she is getting hitched this May! FINALLY! Another one of the member bites the dust! Lols! And I am guessing her everything - which is her little 'Ah Kow' would be her maid-in-honour. ;D

What inspired me to write this blog is - remembering how lost I felt for a little while during her absence and somehow being able to cope with the flow of life eventually without the company of this beautiful friend made me realise that I survived! Of course I survived! And so did all of us. So it is a lie that we would not live without anyone. We are all alone. Being one of the last (I have the perception so) to know that she is getting married brings me back to the point of asking myself of my own presence in her life all these while when she was away in the UK. All these talks to myself, with hubby, with her, with some other friends of visiting her in UK never materialised. All those talks about her coming back also never materialised! Lols! How ironic. Not that we don't miss each other, but I guess we each must have been fully lived our own live right where we are; trusting that whoever afar was good and fine.

This is a friend for keeps, despite the distance, the time spent apart, the moments that we missed being together. As I remind myself that although she is physically not available, her friendship or presence is embedded into the heart.

What are friends for? Of so many reasons that could be different to each individual. To me, they are all Love; all Love's presence in my life.

God bless you, Hilda. I love you. :)

2 comments:

  1. I have a friend who is faraway up in US and we have not seen for more like 10yrs except her wedding back in M'sia 3 yrs back but we are still close in hearts. and we can really chat like there is no tomorrow when she bunk in to sleep with me when she is in KL. If this is not friendship/sisterly love, tell me what it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post reminds me that I must always make time for my friends. Thanks for sharing, Gerry.

    ReplyDelete