Tuesday, March 16, 2010

She's 4!!

Friday, 12th March 2010
We celebrated Thea's 4th Birthday 4 days earlier because one of hubby's friend's son was celebrating his 2nd birthday on Saturday. We made her party on Friday. Because we were pretty sure what she wanted, we decided to invite only her girl friends who were able to play 'princess' with her rather than our own friends. It is after all her party!!

I got Terri to do a repeat of her previous year's birthday cake, except that this year I requested it to be bigger and for it to be pink. Last year it was blue, to signify Thea's favourite princess ~ Cinderlala Cinderella ;p I absolutely love the designs on the dress... check it out below!

Do you see the pretty butterflies on the dress? I love them!
And guess what, Thea wore a dress with butterflies on it too to match the cake before she changed to her princess gown!!
We decided to have a simple do, and one of my favourites - steamboat. It's easy and healthy ;D.

Most of the food, we bought. MIL also home-made some. It was absolutely yummy!! Just in case you were wondering, yah.. we prepared food enough to serve an army - the other stuffs not displayed here were in the fridge. ;p
Here's Thea calling her friends asking them what time they would arrive. She was extremely excited!
Thea was really a good girl. I explained to her in the morning during the drive to school that I'd need her to take a nap in the afternoon after school so that she could stay up later that night. She did as she was told, and I didn't even have to repeat myself. :) I am so proud of her!! :)
Soon, the princesses arrived, one by one...
followed by our families.
I don't think I need to elaborate on the feasting. Everyone gave praises to my MIL's home-made fishballs, fu-chuk (which is also my favourite) and chili sauce and the guardian angel's chicken soup. I honestly declared that I was only responsible for shopping! ;p

Soon, it was time for cake-cutting. Paul had to leave early, and we didn't want her to miss Thea's cake cutting. Unfortunately, Jay Lyn & Siang left way much earlier.
I love this picture! Observe how she gaze and appreciates the Princess Cake that Terri made her!
The Princesses of the Night.
By the way, there was also a young boy too. Ahem, the only boy.. and it so happened to be his actual birthday that night - Jay Ronn ~ one of hubby's friend's son (ya, the same one as I mentioned above). Here's the 'rose' amongst the 'thorns'. lols!
The only Prince amongst the Princesses. Thank goodness the Princesses didn't fight over him! lols!
Family picture. Only missing was SIL & Siang. They had to attend another date.
That night was a fun-filled night (as usual) for the Princesses. Although I was a little tired after everyone left, I was glad that my little gem had enjoyed herself so much that she kept talking about it before she fell asleep. I know, I know... pumpkin, I know you are happy.. :)

Monday, 15th March 2010
Believe it or not, we spent first half of the day in the hospital. She was down with fever. It was so high that the thermometer went *beep*beep*beep* for the first time. Called mom immediately and she advised to head to the hospital straightaway.

The drama in the hospital revolved around her crying, multiple tests, waiting and worrying. It is not a good feeling. Many, many moments of self-blame and self-judgements made me feel as if I was the worst mom on earth, not being able to help my little darling feel better :(. I just held her close to me and supported her; repeatedly assuring her, 'it is ok love-love (a nickname we call her), mommi is right here with you...'

And thank God, the test results showed negative on any potential spreadable illness. To add icing on the cake, mom stopped by the hospital to accompany her! Thea immediately felt better and she was already hopping around in the emergency ward! My little silly willie.. lols!

We proceeded for lunch and had a small cake blowing 'ceremony' to officiate her actual birthday. It was just mom, Thea and myself. Cozy and nice. :)

Obviously, Thea rested the whole day. Having miss school, I promised her that her birthday celebration in school will be carried the very next day (which is today).

Tuesday, 16th March 2010

Thea's birthday cupcakes
You guessed right. Terri baked them, too!! :) She bakes absolutely lovely, creative and yummy cakes!

Thea's favourite princess ~ Cinderella
My happy baby in school. :)
I just love her smile... melts me all the time.. :)
Dada lighting the candles for Thea.
Believe it or not, she actually generously asked all her friends to help her blow the candles out!!

Thea enjoying her cupcake.
After the session, she totally forgot that both her mommi and dada were still in the cafeteria! But we understood... but it didn't stop me from calling out to her!! ;p She kissed me on the lips and ran off with her friends. :)

I am so happy that she has grown up to be who she is, albeit at 4. She brings me so much joy that sometimes I wonder if I am ever loving her enough. I must remember to let her grow up to be who she wants to be, and that will mean releasing any expectations of her and totally trusting her. I wish for her, freedom to grow to be her own authentic individual - in peace, with love.

Pumpkin, mommi loves you very very much.. *muaks*

4 comments:

  1. Nice series of photos, with the lovely human touch. Gerry, well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated 4th Birthday Thea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much you two!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaawwww.......so sweet....she's growing so fast!!!

    ReplyDelete