Monday, March 15, 2010

The Mirror of Ignorance

I look into the mirror.
What do I find?
A face staring back,
a face not satisfied.

The focus is everywhere,
yet, denial is everywhere...
Look at those sagged breasts,
look at the bulging tummy.

It's not sightly,
the dissatisfied becomes disgustedly.

Can I look beyond?
How come the unwillingness?
How come the persistence to dwell in the discomfort,
seeking to blame, seeking to hate?

Can I not recognise beauty?
Can I not recognise Love?
Where are you, oh Acceptance?
Where are you, oh Peacefulness?

So easily, we attempt the superficial
Believing the beauty outside, is the beauty within;
Oh when will I ever learn? Oh when will I ever see?
That it is so within, latterly so without...

2 comments:

  1. The nature of the ego
    is to Condemn
    The nature of the spirit
    is to Love
    You can't change the default setting
    To expect it to change is insanity

    So when you experience Condemnation
    You recognize the ego
    When you experience Love
    You recognize the spirit

    There is no you there
    Except Nature taking place.
    So rejoice as it is just a game of the ego
    Do surrender totally
    And allow the Spirit to come through u.

    "Ego is afraid of the Truth, and the Truth is ego does not exist. - Byron Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. If only, we could always remember that!!

    ReplyDelete