Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Anniversary :)

6 years ago on this date - 5th December 2003. That's the date we met. Technically, today, being the 6th anniversary of our 'know-each-other' date is not at a complete cycle yet because we were only introduced at about 10-11pm. And it is only 615pm according to my laptop clock. Lols.


Flowers received today to mark our 6th anniversay. Pretty huh?

We never really did anything on this date all these years, because we got married the following year in the same month. So we just celebrated our matrimonial date - either the registration or ceremonial date. To us, or at least to me, it was all the same because it was all in the month of December, just difference in dates; which is why I am surprised to receive flowers today! I guess he wanted to surprise me, so surprised I am! Lols!

We did nothing 'special' today - but did our usual routine as we would if he was around - spending time with each other either alone, or with Thea. Time spent like these are already special on any day, as long as it's spent together - whether we talked alot or kept silence in each other's presence. It's comforting, sweetness and love. :)

It's wonderful how despite the ups and downs, we stand side by side each other, supporting and loving each other. Albeit there are times where we (ok, ok, mostly me) feel that we are bounded by limitations, but when we managed to surface from the darkness to light, the unconditionality prevails. Today, our relationship is more meaningful to me because we have grown so much with each other, yet independantly - supporting each other's life journey whether in ways of open discussions, or hurtful disagreements. I remember telling some of my friends this before, "as long as you love, don't let go; unless it is peace that you feel when you let go". Although disagreements, temptations or fights sometimes cannot be avoided in a relationship and residuals of such may linger further at times, as long as we are willing to take responsibility for our own hurt, the miracles sort of unfolds by itself. I've experienced it. This is my evident.

I am thankful and grateful that I am blessed with a wonderful hubby. When I tear down my old ideas of how my husband 'should' be, and finally see him for who he is, I find that this old hubby that I married, is a new hubby to me almost everyday - allowing me to witness and learn new qualities about myself through him and vice versa. We are binded together in a way, yet free... Come to think of it, it is quite a gift!

When we wished each other 'Happy Anniversary' earlier and kissed each other, Thea looked at us curiously and asked us why we kissed each other. Hubby said, "It's our anniversary, Thea." And she said again, "anniversary??" Hubby explained, "It's the day that mommi and dada became friends!" Thea want, "Orrrrrr... I see....". Lols. Don't know what would be running in her mind.. lols.

Yes, we became friends and the friendship deepened. Until today, although we are labeled as husband and wife by law, he is indeed my very best friend; an all-rounder who is willing to play the hero and the enemy; the teacher and student; the observer and the observed; the reminder to always love and accept myself and of course, the man who loves me so.

I am indeed blessed. Thank you hubby, for loving me so; and for being in the Game with me *winks* I love you very very much. :)

3 comments:

  1. Happy 'know-each-other' Anniversary! The flowers are very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mun! They smell lovely too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to you both, my dear. Marriage is never easy like you say but if both parties do love each and are willing to work towards it, then it is a relationship worth fighting for no matter what....

    God Bless....

    ReplyDelete