Saturday, December 26, 2009

Winter Solstice Festival - 22 December 2009


This is an outdated update.. ;p but late, is always better than never, right?

Hubby and I took Thea to Gardens to watch The Princess and the Frog. Actually, it was supposed to be our pak-tor day, but we decided to bring the little one since it was still holidays and we didn't want to leave her home out of guilt. Lols! Before the movie, we had lunch at this Taiwanese restaurant at the Gardens. I can't remember what is the name of the restaurant though, but lunch was yummy yummy...


I ordered a popiah for lunch, prepared to share the leftovers from Thea's lunch. It was yummy!! One of the best popiahs I've ever tasted! I just lurvveeeeee popiahs!!!


Thea's lunch.


Thea enjoying and slurping her noodles away..
She kept saying, "hmm.. mommi, it's really delicious!!" Hubby and I were so proud that she was finally willing to feed herself instead of our usual spoon-feeding her.. Lols.


Hubby's lunch - some mee suah with piggy internals.
He said it was yummy too!! But I found it so-so only.


Stolen shot with Thea. :)

Forgot to mention. Before lunch arrived, we bumped into Jui Wan!! Erm, more like she saw us in the restaurant through the glass windows.. Lols. It was fun catching up with her for a while and I promised her to bring her to HaiSiang for their famous chicken rice soon!! Yum yum!!

We had to rush through lunch because the movie was almost starting. The movie was great, but during the scary parts of the movie Thea kept saying to me, "mommi, I want to go home.." She was really scared of the Shadow Man. Well, call me bad but I wasn't going to let our tickets go to waste so I kept on coaxing and soothing her.. Lols. We stayed till the end of the movie, but she was NOT happy.. Lols. So we decided to cheer her up with her favourite dessert - chocolate ice-cream!!


Where we had our ice-cream.

While we were enjoying our ice-cream treat, hubby bumped into his ex-colleague. Wah.. so many people not working that day, just like us!! Lols. Had a short chat before we left the place. And then we caught sight of this christmas tree along the way and Thea wanted to take pictures with it!



And then, I wanted US (hubby, Thea & I) to take a picture together with another christmas tree along the way... Lols.


Picture taken by a kind samatarian. :)

We got home at about 4ish for a brief rest before heading for dinner with my in-laws.

In the previous years, we've never really celebrated the Winter Solstice Festival with my in-laws despite it being said that this festival is even more important than CNY (please don't ask me why.. I am equally as blur... :{ ) because both my MIL and FIL were still working then. Now that my FIL has retired and my MIL is partically retired, they both have more time to prepare for dinner. My parents-in-laws are always like that.. they always give their best effort to ensure we have nice and delicious food whenever we go back to their place for dinner and I must say that they are really good chefs too! I always enjoy home-cooked dinner by them, with them! ;)

As usual, dinner is GOOD!!! Lols. We rested for a while before my FIL called upon all the ladies (i.e. my SIL, Thea, my maid & myself) to help my MIL to prepare the glutinous rice balls (dong yuen). MIL knows that Thea loves redbean, so the flavour for the dong yuen that night, was redbean.


Here's us helping my MIL at it. See the little one helping out too? She had loads of fun rolling the flour into mini-balls and we had loads of fun watching her!!


Multi-coloured dong yuen

Needless to say, the dong yuen with ginger soup was yummy too. It's the first time Thea tasted it and she loved it although she wasn't used to the texture of the dong yuen in the mouth initially. Lols. Luckily the ginger soup was not so spicy otherwise she might not have enjoyed it.

I am so grateful for this day... although it now 4 days after. I had a splendid day with hubby and Thea and a sumptious and wonderful dinner with my in-laws in the evening. What more could I ask for??? :)

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment