Saturday, December 26, 2009

A Visit to Siddharthan Home


I was invited by LoveHeals to visit Siddharthan Home today, 26th December 2009. Together with Lai Fun, we arrived at the Home at about 10am. My bad, 'cause I woke up late.. the event started at 9am. :/

When we arrived, we were awed and surprised by the decorations that greeted us at the Home. Chairs were lined up properly and all the kids were gathered at the open area with some volunteers of LoveHeals. There were even small cute soft toys hung up from the ceiling, christmas trees and balloons all over! The volunteers and kids were having some dance competitions so we were also welcomed by the sounds of music, the loud voice of instructions coming from the microphone and the laughters of children. :)

As I sat on the chair, observing my surroundings and having small chit-chats with Lai Fun about the mind (I couldn't miss the opportunity to learn more from my teacher!! ;p), I could feel the loving and easy energy surrounding the Home. It was truly blissful.


This camera man was filming the whole event, capturing the cherished moments of the day.


The volunteers and the kids were playing some Chicken, Dog & Cat game here after the dancing competition. I am guessing that the volunteers (the ones in t-shirt) had to sound like either a Chicken, Dog or Cat to coax the children to follow them to a certain chair in the open yard. The team that finishes first, wins. Navitha's team won. :)


The volunteers from LoveHeals laughing away...



Christmas pressies from the volunteers to the beautiful children at the Home.




The beautiful children of Siddharthan Home. :)

Everyone present were asked to play the 'Musical Chair' game, Lai Fun and myself included. I don't know about Lai Fun, but I felt pretty awkward because I've not played this game since I was a kid!! But I was surprised to find myself laughing away with the kids; even when I was out of the game! I was holding on to my camera, enjoying myself seeing the kids gleam with love, happiness and joyfulness!! Check out the happy faces of the kids below!!














See? Even Santa joined us in the game... See how happy the kids were?? They did not hesitate one bit to pose in front of the camera too!!!


And this young man, ladies and gentlemen, is Vasanthakumar. He is 3 years old and a darling who blessed me with a received opportunity to give him a Christmas present. So many times I had the urge to just grab him to hug him, but don't know why.. I didn't. Actually, I knew why.. I was just shy! Lols...

Lai Fun and I left before 12pm because I promised hubby to be home for lunch. After dropping Lai Fun home, I was thinking about the kids. I am so glad and grateful to have an opportunity to experience this. The kids were well-behaved, well-dressed and well-mannered. In the games, they really looked out for each other, especially the younger ones despite being in the game themselves! It was truly a warm sight. Navitha shared this with me during one of our short moments together, "The kids deserve the best that we could give them. We don't give them any second-hand stuffs." How very loving of Navitha and the rest of the volunteers... And this has really taught me something too! That these kids; orphaned, abandoned or disabled; are not smaller or weaker than our own children or even us; they deserve to give and receive love the way our children and we do. If we could love and nourish them without conditionality, then they too would grow up to be beautiful beings of Love and Hope.

Thank you, LoveHeals, for inviting me on this loving journey with you and allowing us to share our abundance with the kids. It has been an utterly loving and heartwarming experience... Love. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment