Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chef Alina & the rest of the stretched day...

*hats off to Alina*

Boy, can she cook! Although this isn't the first time I've tasted her cooking, I still literally drooled just by looking at the dishes! They were absolutely delicious!!

I was at her place with Thea this afternoon for lunch. Shamelessly invited myself over for lunch since she was still on holiday, plus Thea and I wanted to pass Caitlin her Christmas present. I know, I know, it is a little early... but I figured that once Alina started working next week, coupled with some upcoming weddings and stuffs that is already starting to flood my diary, I doubt that we'd have the time to chat up with each other one-on-one anytime soon. She is the busy career woman; and I am the busy housewife! Lols.

She cooked her famous Cottage Pie, and Penne with Chicken Ala King sauce. She explained that she normally cook her Chicken Ala King with buttered rice, but she prepared penne for us instead. Was nice anyway, and Thea being a fussy eater, came back for more! She loved it! It thrilled me! :)

After lunch, while watching the girls play and watch tv, we sitted ourselves comfortably on her big ass sofa and started chatting about stuffs. Mainly about careers. It was an interesting chat. Alina is my only friend amongst the rest who'd share her career experiences with me. And this is one topic that we could dwell on for a long time each time we start. Now, I kinda know her boss, her job descriptions, her colleagues, her ex-colleagues and all.. Lols. Really an eye-opener for me, especially since I had so long retired from the industry. Lols!

It was about 4pm when I decided that it was time to go. Adorable Caitlin kept shaking her head and said, "no aunty, no chea chea", meaning she doesn't want us to go home. Awww... touched me! Now I know how other people feel when Thea shakes her head and said, "No, I don't want you to go home". We waited out for another half hour or so since Thea insisted that she wanted to finish watching the 'Little Einstein' episod before we finally left. Caitlin was really cute. She was climbing up her gate... Lols. She is absolutely cute and adorable. I don't think I could ever get bored of her expressions. I was just so mused watching her, oh ya.. watching Alina AND her TOGETHER!! Lols..

Met An & Lee at Taipan on the way to pass them a little something before heading home... Promised to get together soon for the kids to play. :)

Met Kok Fai & his lovely family, Melanie (wife) and Daniel (son) for dinner and had a great time laughing... This couple is just one of the funniest couple I've ever met... So blessed to be in their presence. And guess what, they went home after dinner to shower and then came over to our place again. Lols. It's nice to have friends living nearby (They stay 3 minutes from my home). :)

Ah, such a wonderfully stretched day today. A little tired now, but absolutely love it! :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you self invited yourself. Really! I wouldn't know when I would be able to catch up with you and I am very glad that especially Thea loved my cooking and she would eat.

    I am always about kids not eating. So, I guess I passed the test! Yippee.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, kudos to you! And Thea being the fussiest eater I've ever known actually loves it! So that means to say, you have passed the ulimate test! hahaha.. just kidding.

    Eh, seriously, self inviting myself is not the proudest moment of my life ok.. ;p but at least this time, when I give Caitlin her present, it wasn't over the gate to Mike or the maid without having to see you. This time, I get to see you, and eat with you too! :)

    ReplyDelete