Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Belated Christmas Lunch & Avatar

Last year, JayLyn, Siang, hubby and I made a peg during our Chrismas luncheon that we would do this every year, that is, to have Christmas lunch with each other annually thereon. This year, we kept to our peg albeit a little late. But like what I always say, late is always better than never, right? ;)

This year, because of my accumulation of vouchers and my new found thirst to make use of vouchers, I suggested that we all had lunch in Pavillion, KL because I had a RM5 Voucher for Godiva and a RM5 Voucher for some S&J Gift shop in Pavillion. I know, lame. : /


So we had lunch at this place. Weissbrau. I don't think I know how to even pronouce this.

They were non-halal. So we had a lot of pork. Three of them had beer and I had juice. I've quit drinking, you see.. lols. And we had loads of fun talking and talking and talking. The topics of the day were different of last year's. Last year, we mainly talked about Jesus and religious teachings. This year, we discussed on children - how their parents' teachings and guidance influenced the behaviour of children, and how powerless parents feel at the end of the day when the children turned out to be not 'up-to-marked'.

I'd say that my input into the conversations were more grounded, though I attempted to include concepts such as 'mirroring' and 'reflections'. It's either they understood it but didn't want to go that way; or I made a poor brief presentation of it. Either way, the discussion was great and perfect. I wouldn't have willed it any other way. Or else, it might have ended up with me talking all the time; or they leaving the table more confused, or with more resistent - of course, depending on my inner world and beliefs of how they would receive my words to be - all just projections of my unconscious guilt.

JayLyn & Siang left for golf after lunch. Hubby and I went to Godiva. I had an absolutely wonderful experience sipping some Mint Chocolate Milk, I think. Hubby and I finally had the time to catch up with each other and until now I still feel that I hadn't had enough of it. I just miss talking to him. He has been working so hard, and I have been going out so much. Lols!

Shortly, we proceeded to the cinema. We decided to watch Avatar - strangely, I've heard good stuffs about the movie and he hadn't heard any about the movie. I remember during our ride up to Pavillion, our conversation (not exact words) went something like that: -

he said, "all movies these days are crap."
I asked him, "how do you know that?"
he said, "ya... no story, not interesting... no one is talking about it."
I said, "then why you wanna watch New Moon?"
he said, "New Moon different mah, because it is a sequel... the others are all rubbish..."

Very strange comments he made.

I replied, "so, it's like you have to hear something about the movie, some remarks about the movie, or maybe some story about the movie before you could say that it's good movie and you'd want to watch it?"
he said, "no, I don't mean it that way.. just that no one is talking about it."
I replied, "but whether people are talking about it or not, don't you think the attitude behind this is that because you don't know what to expect out of a movie, you come to a conclusion that it's a crap movie and then you don't watch it; likewise, if someone told you about the movie, and then you feel a little safer to watch the movie, thinking that it could be quite good."
he said, "no, I don't think so."
I said, "then why not be open to it all, just pick a movie and then be open to it. Watch it first, before concluding if it is a good movie or not. By the way, it (the movie) is kinda subjective too."
he said, "true, true."

So we decided to watch Avatar because that was the most suitable timing for us. New Moon only had 2 shows - one at 12pm (too early) and the other at 7pm (too late).

Avatar is one of the most fascinating movie I've ever watched. Hubby agreed. The CGI (I learnt this from Lai Fun) was great (for my standard at least) and the whole movie was so so colouful and beautiful... We both enjoyed the movie so much. Maybe it is because I facilitate a sharing at C&C for the Free Movie Session that entails me to keep a look out for spiritual lessons that I found pertty much stuffs to share from this movie!

For instance, the mind.. how they could transport the mind from the human body to the Avatar - meaning that the mind, or perhaps the the true essence (in this movie's context) exist even out of the body, but nevertheless experiences the limitations of the body (humans cannot breathe in the Pandora, apparently another planet in the movie); and how when this guy in the Avatar body got shot and when he came back to his own body, still felt the pain and trauma from the Avatar body but as he quickly remembered that he is now out of the Avatar body he is no longer succumbbed to the pain the Avatar body experiences. Amazing isn't it...

And of course also... the intention. Jake's intention to experience the Avatar body was purely for his own reasons and the company's commercial reasons, and how.. after being touched by Love, one of an initial intention not of Love would result in a change of the initial intention (or another intention if you will) leading to an altered course of action thus calling upon miracles. It's beautiful...

I remember, crying nearly bucket of tears as Jake's prayers were answered as all the animals in Avatar came forth to help the natives. The scene was so beautiful and touching that I just could not stop my tears from flowing! My heart just swelled with so much appreciation and love, despite that it is just a story, a man-made movie.

I love this movie. In fact, I am so ready to watch it with Terri again this Thursday, that is, if she still wants to watch it a second time after tonight. Lols. Our date had to be postponed... sighs, because of me again... sighs.. my timing and schedule are all just crazy for the moment, adding to the fact that I am needing of time to just be myself.. you know, the 'Alone Me Time'. Lols.

Out of frustration of not being able to spend time with myself, I blurtedly asked hubby, "Why do we even celebrate seasons?!?" And I asked this (shamefully) in a resentful manner. Wise hubby replied, "It is ok to celebrate, honnee.. but not out of obligations." How how true... Thank you for the reminder, baby.. :)

My aunts would be leaving tomorrow already. While I would miss them, I am also looking forward to some time spent alone at home with Thea, to catch up on some homework and reading.

I've created a wonderful yet tiring experience for myself for the past week; but I love every minute of it.. even in my moments of moodiness and frustrations.. lols.

Love.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beautiful,
    Don't forget to watch the 3D version.
    Love, U know who

    ReplyDelete