Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 1 April 2007

Good time.

Had a good night last night. A couple friend came over. We cooked pasta, and they brought mashed potatoes. After Thea went to bed, we had wine and chatted and chatted and chatted. 4 of us finished 4 bottles of wine, it was awesome. Although the mixture of different wines kind of spoilt the overall wine tasting, but it was alright, because we were laughing and gossipping and talking about anything under the sky! From dogs, to beings, to marriages, to weddings, to other friends, to kids, to school, to golf... man.. we talked A LOT!! hehehe.. and they left pretty late too. Hubby and I were tired, but we really enjoyed ourselves and it has been sometime that we actually have friends over like that.

Usually, it would be my brothers, or my brothers and their friends. Our friends hardly came by because they think that our home is really far away, but actually, we are NOT that far away; and we hardly go out of the way too because of Thea. Some friends complain of me missing in action, whilst some friends are very understanding and bother to come all the way to just chat or have coffee. Not that I take my other friends for granted, but most of my friends are actually single and due to the age differences, different practices and schedules of and on our kids (for those friends who are already married and have kids), it's kinda hard for me because Thea is in a neither here nor there kinda stage. From the heart, I dont mind staying home with her. All my free time are with her and hubby; and if we have extra time, we'd visit my parents, or hubby's parents. Most of the time, our friends come over or we meet up somewhere nearby because I refuse to be too far away from Thea if she's home alone. Yeah, yeah.. I know.. paranoid mommi... Fortunately, I am blessed with good friends and I do enjoy being a paranoid mommi. The best part is, I find it amazing hubby is on the same wave length with me on this too .

My aunt suggested that hubby and I really ought to go for a holiday without Thea. I think I can't handle it.. and when my husband shook his head too and said, "where can... love-love must come with us one..." I find that I love him even more...

It does look like our good times will be confined within KK and that we wont be going anywhere without our little love-love.. But also for that, we've come to appreciate some of our friends who dont mind taking the trouble for now to come all the way to our humble home just to catch up with us... Thank you, Shawn & Eva. You two are so wonderful and are appreciated so much... I am looking forward to the golfing range, the wine drinking, the karaoking and perhaps... badminton too? What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment