Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 5 November 2008

Flowers

On 03/11/08, I received a very pleasant and sweet surprise. I was on the computer trying to find out some wedding packages for hotel ballrooms for my brother when the door bell rang.
This malay guy carried a bouquet of flowers to me. I thought it was from Penny, and wondering what was the occasion! When I finally opened up the message card, I realized that it was from hubby!!
It was a bouquet of lilies. I think they are pink casablancas. I told him some time back that ever since the experience with Dreaming Daisies, I had come to appreciate and love flowers... Also, that I would like him to send me flowers. Since it didn't happen, I just thought that I'd probably got to wait for my birthday or something.. hehe.. You know, long ago I thought that flowers were just a waste of money, although it was nice to receive them once in a while. Now, whenever I pass by a flower shop, I would think of getting flowers, especially lilies - because they smell sooooo nice!! I especially love casas, and madonna lilies!

So back to receiving the bouquet. It was indeed a very big bouquet! I was really touched. When I called him to thank him, I was moved to tears... In his message card, it was his apology for causing me all the heartaches, and assurance that he really does love me. It was beautiful. The moment was perfect.

I decided to take a picture of the flowers to share it on my blog. My blog, is after all, my memory...


Flowers are done by Dreaming Daisies. Thanks Penny and Jess. I think this is the biggest bouquet I've ever received in my life. But then again, I've never received lilies before. It is always roses, gerberas, tulips. I used to tell people that my favourite flower was tulips. But now I realize that I don't really have a particular favourite flower per se. It is the arrangement of the flowers - whatever flowers, the colour combinations and most of all, the message that those flowers bring from the sender.


Thanks so much, my darling hubby... the bouquet is beautiful (I am about to put it in a vase soon) and so is our marriage. I truly appreciate your gesture and your intention. I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment