Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 27 March 2007

Missing Thea.

Good news is, 2 wonderful friends have decided to join me in the business and so far, things have been great. Although I still run the show most of the time, but I can tell that their interest in the business is genuine and sincere. Now, the burden is not only shared; concerns are shared, opinions and suggestions are valued. It is indeed a great beginning!

And probably because of that, I've been pushing myself even more. Stretching myself from one meeting to another, followed by paper work, chasing for overdue payments, securing new orders/deals, staying in touch with the staff and shareholders to keep them abreast of whatever that goes on in the company. Believe me, the list goes on... and it has been trying, tiring, and exhausting.

I have been leaving for work earlier compared to before. Sometimes, I even arrive before my staff does; and I come back late too. So you can imagine, I only manage to spend very short span of time with Thea. I miss her... really... and I worry that now that she is learning so much, I am not there. I want to be the one to tell her, that is this, and this is that. In a way, I am pleased of her independence too and I know I contributed to it. In a very silly way I know I should be happy... but really, what I really would like to do is to spend time with her. Lots and lots of time with her...

Of course, management of time should get better now that I have 2 wonderful partners in the business, of which 1 of them will join me full time in August. But August is such a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time......

Well, at least there is something positive to look forward too, and somehow, staying positive and hopeful helps. I told 1 of them today whilst we were chatting over the phone about a confirmed order; Just stay positive, and BELIEVE... EVERYTHING will turn out good for us, I just know it... and it was agreed. :)

I am missing Thea.. but things will get better... For starters, I am going to enrol her in a music class for toddlers which requires me to be there. The principal says it will help us bond even better whilst improving her motor, listening and oral skills... I am definitely looking forward. Thea, Mommi love you k... I can't wait to sing "twinkle twinkle" with you again... You are my precious little angel...

No comments:

Post a Comment