Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 29 December 2006

New Home

Surprisingly, it doesn't really feel like I am staying in a new house. Yeah, there are echoes, more visible neighbours, bigger space, bigger car porch, walk-in wardrobe... but somehow, it does feel like home... I was telling my friend who came for our small christmas cum anniversay cum first round house-warming gathering that I think it is maybe the position of the bed in the masterbedroom... that it is placed exactly the same as it was in PNK, that somehow, this new home, does indeed feel like my old home to me.

It has been almost two weeks and a day since we moved in here. Everything has indeed been beautiful, harmonious and peaceful. Of course, there were times when we'd take the calculator and start punching numbers that filled up this house to only let out a "broke" sigh; but it ends up with confidence anyway that everything will be alright. Positive eh? hehehe...

The precious is happily and adventurously crawling around, exploring the space that she hardly had in PNK. Sometimes, she even crawls to the toilet looking for me while I brush my teeth! haha! She has been fussy with her food lately, but she is mostly all smiles when she sees her daddi and me... sigh... it melts my heart eventime she gives me a smile as I walk in our mystic-knot door.

Speaking of that, a friend commented that I must be really into feng shui when he saw my door! I admitted to it, but assured that I am no fanatic although certain ornaments were placed for this, and some others for that. I think I need not stress futher la.. most important element in feng shui is HARMONY, and so far, that is what I get from my old home, to my new home. I guess it is the harmony we have within the family (and adding to the fact that my brothers and sister in law have been around more often to add cheers to the house) that has chased off the unfamiliarity with this new place. This new home, has indeed welcomed our family with warmth and eagerness.

So... while I am in a way, still missing PNK... I am loving this new home too - its physical presence, its providence of space, the happy memories that it will help us create and keep... Lots of good things are going to happen because of the combination of this home and the people who live in it (meaning, us by the way.. ;p)... I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment