Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 21 December 2007

Pre-Christmas Gathering

I really had fun tonight. We had this pre-christmas gathering at Gladys' place and it was just so awesome. Of course, so many things has changed - such as the kind of drinks we had, the kind of food we had (have you ever heard of 'bawah' salad and apple & guava salad? and possibly a melt-down cheese cake?). Don't get me wrong, they were all delicious but just different from the kind of food we used to have compared to the gatherings before.

The gatherings before were always focused on alcohol. It was fun. Most of us were single, if not - definitely not married kind. We would eat a little and drink a lot, bottle after bottle, as if we were bottomless pit. And we would end up doing silly things together, playing games together and laughed ourselves silly the whole night long.

I guess the one thing, or rather two things we still have similiar in these gatherings are our friendship with each other and the laughters. A definite more mature crowd, but it is obvious that the fondness we have towards each other is forever dwelled deep into our hearts.

I have to admit that we don't meet up with each other often enough, but for me, I think this group of friends are the friends I see most often in a year especially during special occassions. Although we all have our own families and directions now, but I guess the sincerity we have towards each other will welcome each and every one of us through every stage of our lives. Priority may have changed but I guess, somethings and some people, who matters in our hearts will always remain somewhat important and sweet.

Last year in 2006, I remember when I was still staying in PNK, it was the same group of friends who came over to celebrate my birthday for me - and I had a swell time although it was a simple 'celebration'. I remember making a birthday wish that year too - that those friends who were there with me that year - we will always and forever be good friends.

Thank you guys, for being such wonderful friends and company. Let's always grow with each other, each stage of this life - that when our children have grown up, become friends with each other and later have their own lives - we will still come together as little old ladies and big old men to do many things together. I am looking forward to a lifetime filled with family and good friends. Somehow, I know you are too.

No comments:

Post a Comment