Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 10 October 2006

Making the world a better place.

I was emailing a friend whom I was suppose to meet up with when she was back here from the States. She wasn't able to meet up with me because her sister's house was robbed by the Camry Gang. Poor thing... she told me her sister was so distraught that she doesnt even dare to hang out in her own garden! It is really unfortunate that one has to feel fearful in their own home! I know a relative who moved out IMMEDIATELY after they got robbed and has actually bought a new place to live in a secured condominium!

And then I shared my views that I never really wanted children in the first place if it was not because Jason wanted it. My reasoning is because the world is really not such a condusive place for a child to grow up and learn anymore. So full of crime rates, pollution, conmen... friends remind me that this is the price of civilisation, but seriously.. who'd ever thought that even snatch thieves now could be so heartless now even when the victims willingly give them what they want. But then once you have ONE child, you should have a second one.. for the first kid, so that in case anything happens to you, they'd still have each other. Of course, my darling hubby thinks otherwise.

To my surprise, she replied saying this is the beauty of it - that when more and more people have children, they'd wanna make this world a better place!

Honestly, I never thought of that... well, let's hope that's for real..

No comments:

Post a Comment