Friday, December 19, 2008

MamaMia - The Opening Performance (18dec08)

I know, I know.. many people are waiting for my updates on Rebak Island. I am already trying to upload the photos on facebook but am having difficulty doing so.. so please please bear with me...

This blog, however, will be a note on my thoughts during the MamaMia performance. Tonight is the opening night, also a charity event organized by the Star. I think the total collection was RM1.2 million and they invited Najib to present the cheques to several charitable organizations.
Anyway, back to MamaMia. I was actually quite excited being included in my dad's generous invitation list. Apparently the ticket was RM758, and to be able to watch this awesome play with my family (except hubby because he has to go back to JB tonight), it was really an event that I looked forward to.

When one of my brother gave me the tickets, I was really excited as we were going into the theater. However, when I realized that my dad and the brother who gave me the ticket was not going to sit with me and some others, I was rather disappointed. They were all going to the "higher" class seating which was upstairs. Needless to say, they sat where Najib sat. Well, Najib is not the highlight. The reason why I mentioned him was to explain how much upper class they were seated compared to some of us at the lower ground. I was seated with my other brother, his friend, my dad's staff and other not-so-VIP friends. Although I should have nothing to complain or be upset about because I was seated 6 rows from the stage. I had very clear view of the whole entire performance. I know, I should appreciate and grateful... and suddenly a thought came to my mind, that I'd enjoy myself more with hubby and the friends that I had originally planned to come to this play with. I guess I just wanted to watch MamaMia with my family. Ya, I know... we WERE watching it together but... you know, just not really really together. In fact, the last time I saw them for tonight was before we walked into the theater. I did not see them during the intermission, or after the show.

I went supper with my one of my brothers and his friend after the show. We had a good time, just talking.. and my brother's friend promised to be my client for General Insurance... heheheh.. so something good did happen that made my day after all... :)

The show was good. The young lead has a very beautiful and strong voice. Although I thought some acts could have been better, but on the overall it was alright. However, I think I still prefer the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment