Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 9 July 2008

Hua Hin, Thailand

It was a fantastic holiday! Hubby, Thea and I enjoyed ourselves very much despite the fact that I couldn't walk much (I was staining and bleeding a little). Thea enjoyed swimming in the pool and playing with the sand on the beach and oh yes, she LOVES the tuk-tuk!! She couldn't stop talking about it! She would say she wants to sit the tuk-tuk, where is the tuk-tuk, is the tuk-tuk coming... and once on the tuk-tuk, she would be so quiet just enjoying the breeze!
She has turned darker since we came back, but I'd say she looks good! She ate and slept well and entertained her aunty pretty well too! They had so much fun together! I apologise that I am unable to give out specific events because the everyday that we were there was just simply splendid... Hubby is even considering retiring there!

However, I do have 3 regrets - not being able to swim with them, not being able to be more adventurous (couldn't walk too much to explore the city) and not being able to enjoy the spa (apparently, pregnant women not allowed to go for massages :( ). Anyway.. I am contented that hubby and Thea enjoyed themselves immensely!

Oh, did I mention too.. the hotel service was superb and the food - yum yum.. it was just so delicious and cheap!! Of course, provided you go to the right place! We went to this place called Satukharn Square and felt so ripped off by the prices that they charged for our dinner. But then again, I guess it's the tourist price. We Malaysians do that to our tourists too, right?
I am already looking forward to going back there for another family holiday. But maybe this time, instead of taking a 3 hour ride from Bangkok to Hua Hin, I will try to talk hubby into flying. It's only 35 minutes and saves us lots of traveling time.

Oh yes, this is our first official family holiday together overseas - and also the longest holiday I've ever been on with hubby - 6D5N. Thank you, Hua Hin, for the beautiful memories...
Thank you to you too, Da Chans, for spending your holiday with us too.. your company has certainly made a difference to our time spent in Hua Hin! It wouldn't have been so fun without you! Kudos to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment