Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 28 June 2008

The Temp Maid => The New Maid

Ok, fine... I admit I begged the agent to let me have her as early as possible. That was because we were going off on Sunday and I needed more time with her so that at least she could settle in easier.

I got the call in the morning slightly before lunch. I was really excited and started spreading the news a bit.. hehehe.. I don't know la, just had to share happiness, know what I mean? I didn't tell the Temp Maid though... didn't want her to get too excited for nothing. So everything was routine, lunch, bathe Thea, played the Chinese song VCD for Thea which she is so crazy about these days... until I finished my shower, I walked into the maid's room and took a look at the cupboard. And then I called out to her and told her that I was sending her back to the agent today. I think from the look on my face and the sound of my voice, she guessed that it was "time" to go, and not that I was sending her off because I was pissed with her or anything like that. She had a smile on her face.. I think she was happy that she was leaving my care... haha..

I watched her pack and gave her all the clothes that she wanted from the cupboard. Her bag didn't fit, so I actually gave her a bigger one. I think she was grateful. And then we had a little chat... just reminded her on some of her weaknesses so that she wouldn't piss her future employer so much. And you know what she said at the end of the conversation, "Ma'am, you are good. It is just me that always make you angry. I am sorry." Looking at her face, she did seemed sincere. I don't want to judge her anymore because I think I had done enough of that for the past 45 days. In fact, I shouldn't even have done that in the first place. In reply to her sincere apology, I told her that past is past, and did tell her the certain good qualities that she had and told her to keep up the good work. I did tell someone once, that no matter how pissed of I am with her, she didn't deserve to be sent home or to go back to Indonesia without a cent. Although she was a not so smart maid that constantly pissed me off, I would have to conclude that she was overall a good maid, that deserved to be given a chance to prove herself. Oh yes, as much as I told myself, hubby and some of my friends that I won't give her any "ang pows", hmm.. I did... you know, just for good luck, and also for taking my shit... :p

I brought her back to the agent before 6pm and left the agent slightly after 6pm with my New Maid. She is small in size and looks a lot older than her real age. She speaks pretty good English albeit an Indonesian. I find her pretty well mannered and quite mature. Of course, it is all too early to tell because it has only been one night. I think I will only be able to fully assess her after a few months. Thea was a little reserved initially but by the time we got home, she was insisting that her new kakak played with her already! From the time we got home, I started briefing her on the chores and the routines and the cleaning and the lights and the fridge and etc... I told her so many things that I am not sure if she could remember all of it! I did remind her that if she can't remember she could always ask me again.

I am looking forward to a fruitful relationship and I must remember not to expect her to be as good as my previous one... somehow, I have faith that she would be a great help!

No comments:

Post a Comment