Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 12 July 2006

Chased the maid away...

Yup, you read right! I chased her away. Got my youngest bro to come over to take her away. Was so pissed with her that i actually banged the table twice and shouted at her IN FRONT of my daughter!! Which of course made me even more pissed with her! I never wanted to talk so loudly in front of my daughter.. because she is only a baby.. but whatever she did!! Man... i just cannot forgive her. She simply just loves to let people into the house without my permission!! I am really just wondering, which part of my instruction is not clear, that she keeps repeating the same mistake, over and over again!! I seriously find myself like a stupid broken recorder!! I told hubby that other things I can forgive and okay, try to forget... but letting people into the house would jeopardise our safety and that is something I am just not willing to compromise! I shouted at her, told her to pack her clothes while she cried and cried.. she was so reluctant.. and so slow in packing her stuffs.. I seriously dont understand her, pack her own stuffs also soooo slow! If I wasn't carrying Thea, think I would have just gladly packed up for her!

My brother came as promised, told me to allow her to stay one more night, i.e. to give her one more chance. I shook my head and said 'NO!' because this was not the first time it has occured. In fact, it just happened last tuesday, which was on my birthday! She let the delivery guy into the house!! I was like - what da?? - and that guy was carrying a big black bag! Thank goodness it was food in the bag, and nothing sharp with bad intentions! I seriously think it is safer that she is not in the house at all!!! She is soooooooooooo arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Just dont know how to describe her stupidity! I mean, honestly, how difficult is it to understand, "jangan kasih orang masuk tanpa izin mam." And this was spelt out to her since.. what, day 1 she was here! And she has been with us for 6 months, mind you!

Anyway, told hubby what happened and he too agreed that we should send her back to the agent. Hmm.. ya.. a decision - FINALLY! Can't say that it has never crossed my mind, but deep down, I do pity her, because she has a sick mother back in Indon. But then again, I can't possibly compromise our safety with her life story right? We only wanted a good maid who'd take care of our interests so that we could do the same, but unfortunately, she has failed miserably..

Having said that still.. she has been obedient (when she is not forgetful). Not one of those who answers back, or perhaps she's just too chicken to! But I appreciate her for always attempting to try harder. I am just really sorry for her that I can't afford to risk our lives for her "trying" grounds. She really lacks the thinking process... sighs.. honestly, what was I thinking when I hired her??

Well, we are tentatively sending her back to the agent this Friday morning. Will call the agent tomorrow to see what are the necessary procedures. Will do without a maid for a while to see how I cope. I think she will be crying.. and I guess I'd probably feel sorry... but then again, I'd rather feel sorry, than to regret for the rest of my life, if anything had happened because of her forgetfulness and recklessness... by then, her "sorry, mam" would not have been able to save any one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment