Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 23 June 2008

Not So Pregnant Yet...

Went to see the gynae today. The scans did not show anything except that I have a cyst (which apparently is supposed to be there if I am pregnant) and that my uterus wall lining is very thick. The gynae could not detect any sac/water bag or heartbeat. She concluded that it is either I am 4 weeks pregnant (which is still too early to detect the heart beat) or that my period is coming. My heart sunk when I heard the second possibility. As professional as she is (which is why I keep going back to her again and again), she did not dare to confirm that I am pregnant and asked me politely if I wanted to take another urine test since I have already did 2 which showed positive. Without hesitation, hubby said to go ahead (he and Thea were with me in the room hoping to see the little heartbeat). I was really curious that she did not want to confirm my pregnancy so I asked her if it was possible that the tests showed positive and yet I was not pregnant. She explained that I could have gotten pregnant but she cannot ascertain if it is a good or bad pregnancy, i.e. the fertilized egg just die off on its own (it did happen to some of my friends). I guess she didn't want to get my hopes up too high. Well, I did ANOTHER urine test and yes, the test still came out positive. I am scheduled to see her in 2 weeks time to see if we can then see a heartbeat.

The truth is - I was really nervous before the scan and until now, am a little worried... but I am telling myself that if it's meant to be, it will be... and it will be exactly how the Universe and fate had planned it to be. All I have to do right now is to be extra careful (just in case I am really pregnant) and to wait patiently for 2 weeks.

Many of my concerned friends have advised me to postpone my scheduled holiday this weekend. I have checked with the gynae and since she says it's ok to go, we will be going ahead with the holiday as planned. We have been looking forward to this holiday for so long!!! Anyway, thank you Jer Lin, Elaine and Joanne, for constantly checking on me. I appreciate it very very much... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment