Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tijana Kyra's 3rd Birthday Party - TGIF


Today is an amazing day. Both Thea and I woke up at 10:30am. Because I had a lunch date with Penny, I couldn't have lunch with Thea hence she had an early lunch + early nap to rest sufficiently for her Tumble Tots (TT) friend, Tijana Kyra's 3rd birthday party at TGIF later in the evening at 5pm.

She was really good.. she woke up at exactly 4:30pm to get ready for the party. She was really excited. When we arrived there, I realised that we were the first guests to arrive (the others who were already there were their relatives I believe). It was my first time meeting Kyra's parents. I have only seen Kyra in Thea's class a few times but never really talked or connected with any of the kids' parents. Anyway, Kyra's parents - Ravin and Jocelyn were very very nice and grateful that we came. In fact, Thea was the only TT friend who attended the party. The rest of the kids (who later on showed up) were mostly either relatives' children or their friends' children. Here's a picture of Thea and Kyra before any of the other kids turned up.

When all the children turned up, a clown turned up. He was really good because Thea warmed up to him almost instantly! He made balloons and told them jokes and etc.. it was so good seeing Thea enjoying herself, UNTIL.....

...BARNEY ARRIVED!!! Ok.. he is definitely not the real Barney from the television. He was one of Kyra's uncles wearing a Barney costume pretending to be Barney and it scared Thea right away!! Thea starting crying and crying and pleading for us to go home!! It was erm.... quite hilarious... bad mommi huh.. hehehe.. check out her terrified she was!


Barney stayed on until the cake cutting. And let me tell you, Kyra's cake is so so beautiful! It must have been very expensive and it was simply delicious too! I am not normally a cake person, but this cake was too good.. However, I was very disciplined not to eat too much as a new friend who is a holistic doctor kinda told me that my sugar level is pretty high at the moment hence the control. I took so many pictures of the cake! See the cake for yourself!!


Nice huh? Sorry la.. I know my photography skill still not there yet but am really working on it ok? :{ But you have to agree that besides the fact that my photography skill sucks, the cake looks damn nice right? Anyway, Barney "left" after some phototaking with the birthday girl and her friends and the clown continued to entertain the kids. At first, Thea was just standing at the corner refusing to participate. I think she was still trying to "get over" Barney. As soon as the clown started performing some magic, she was really interested. She actually sat quietly observing everything and laughing together with the rest of the kids! I was really just so pleased and happy... See her laughter? Just so joyous!!

Before the end of the magic show, the clown dropped plentiful of sweets as finale. All the kids just went wild picking up the sweets! She grabbed so many sweets and stuffed them in her pocket with help from Kyra's maid who is really very very sweet and attentive to Thea throughout the party especially after witnessing her shyness and fear of Barney. I quickly took out her Minnie Mouse bag and told her to put all her sweets inside so that nobody could take them away from her. She quickly obeyed and smiled. Aww... So sweet hor..

We left shortly after the clown said that it was time for him to go home. In the car, I asked her if she enjoyed herself and she nodded her head. Even I enjoyed myself, just watching her laugh and play! It was truly time well spent with her and also, times like these that I am glad and honoured that I get to bring her to parties all by myself! I am just so bursting with love for her all the time... :)

Speaking of which... I really need to crack my head to think of what I'm going to do for her for her 3rd birthday next year! Ideas, anyone???

No comments:

Post a Comment