Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve - 24th December 2008

You know, 24th December 2008 is also my wedding anniversary. We didn't get to spent a lot of alone time today but we did have a good time together with whatever that we were doing together... :)
@
Let me start the day off with us waking up at 11:30am. I don't know about him, but I only slept at 4am the night before I believe due to the coffee I had at about 6pm before dinner. It was strange because coffee never did have that kind of effect on me! If it wasn't the coffee, how else could I explain it? Anyway, we woke up at 11:30am thanks to my SIL's wake up call! We planned a few days ago to have lunch today so that I could pass her some diaries, a table planner and her christmas present and decided to decide on the location in the morning of the date. She texted me at about 930am but since I was so "confident" that I could wake up in time, I took the incoming text for granted. When the phone finally rang, I jumped up the bed and ran to the phone only to realised that it was already 11:30am and lunch was set at 12:30pm!! Thankfully, we agreed location to be at Sunway Pyramid which was pretty nearby.
@
We met at Michaelangelo. I don't know if I got the spelling right, but that place was not bad. I forgot to bring the camera so I didn't get to take pictures. I don't know if their food was good, but mine was delicious and it was vegetarian!! I loved it! We had a great time chatting and surprisingly, we've got presents too!! After lunch, I told hubby that it was strange how I had always wanted to spend time like this with my SIL and her other half - you know, just 4 of us - eating and chatting and there I was, feeling nervous!! But I sincerely enjoyed every second of it!! In fact, I was joyfully singing along with the Mamma Mia soundtrack in the car after that!! I think the only thing I was complaint about after lunch was that I was really thirsty!!
@
Anyway, after lunch we went around to hubby's old offices to clear his exit forms - something that he had delayed for more than a year! Although it was work related and nothing romantic, but just being able to drive him around; it was really fun!
@
When we just got home, Thea just woke up from her nap. We played with her especially with her new christmas toys before getting her ready for dinner. It was again, fun!
@
This year, we decided to celebrate Christmas with my mom and her family. It has been 2 years since I celebrated Christmas with her. We always either had lunch or dinner before or after Christmas to exchange presents. Although mom never really talked about it, but I know that she always wish for us to spend Christmas or any other meaningful festive celebrations with her. When I texted her and asked her if it was ok if we spend Christmas with her, I believed she was overwhelmed and excited just as I was!
@
We arrived at Sheraton Subang at about 7:30pm. Thea was really hungry so whallopped whatever that I fed her. Mom was a bit concerned that we wouldn't be able to enjoy ourselves because we didn't bring our maid but it all worked out fine... Hubby, mom and I all took turns to play with her. She really had fun the whole night through! After the buffet dinner, we went to the Piano Lounge to count down. It was pretty entertaining with the songs, dancing, drinking and lucky draws. It was really a joyous occasion... my grandma Sally was there with her friend, aunty Lucy, my mom & her hubby Chow, my uncle Stewart & aunty Mandy, their friends Chuan & MayLing, my uncle Boon & his kids - Yun2 & Her2, my uncle Stewart's other friends whom I didn't get their names, my uncle Stewart's super maid - Siti and our family - hubby, Thea & I. When the countdown begin, everyone just sang along joyously together with the live band, danced around and hugged each other!! It was really such a joyful scene!! We left Sheraton Subang shortly after the countdown because Thea was getting really tired. Mom & Chow walked us to our car, as usual... they are really wondeful family & relatives to have...
@
2 things non Christmas related I realised on this day: -
  1. I have greater, or rather deeper love for my uncle Stewart & aunty Mandy than I actually thought I did.
  2. I may have a sleeping problem. It is now 6:04am. I slept at about 1am something and then woke up at 4:10am!! Either got to see Hari again, or to see a doctor.

Here's wishing all wonderful people a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment