Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 21 June 2008

Pregnant - God Bless!

Remember how I mentioned that PCOS sufferers are infertile? Well... I guess, miracles do happen...

I was feeling nauseous for the past 2 weeks. I remembered the feeling when I first conceived Thea but brushed the thoughts or possibilities of me being lucky. I couldn't possibly be soooo blessed right? Adding to the fact that my medication does has that kind of effect on me as well, so I decided to just let the possibility go. Coincidently, it was time for me to head to the pharmacy again sometime last week to replenish my supply of glucopharge and I thought, heck.. no harm just doing the test right... so I bought a pregnancy kit.

I left the test kit in my bag the whole time. I don't know why, I didn't have the guts to try it. I guess I was worried that I might feel miserable when the result was negative and it may add on to my feeling stress with the temp maid.

What gave me the guts to give it a try was what a friend said on Thursday morning just before Thea's music class. You see, the night before when we were at a friend's place, Thea suddenly came up to me and stuffed her face in my chest and just hugged me very very tightly. I asked her what's wrong but she just kept quiet and kept on hugging me. It went on for a while before she let go and behaved her normal self again. And the next day right before her music class started, she did it again right in front of all her friends and their mothers (which eventually also became my friends). On seeing such a sight, my friend just said, "hey, you could be pregnant!". I can't deny that I was excited that someone said that... and promised them breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper on me if I was really pregnant!! haha..

Whatever it was, I didn't want to do the test without hubby. So after dinner last night when we got home after enjoying home cooked lamb and beautiful wine, I took the test. It was very weird.. because there was a very dark line initially when I first saw it and thought, hmm.. surely negative and headed to the showers. But after drying up myself, I took a peep at the test kit again with intention to throw it into the rubbish bin, I saw a very faint line next to the very dark line. It felt strange and I called out for hubby.. and hubby said that it looked like a "YES"! I doubted and called a friend who experienced the same thing when she did the test the first time. She was very excited for me and told me that she so thinks that I am pregnant!!! She advised me to get the digital pregnancy test kit to be sure so that was exactly what I did!! It says... "Pregnant"!! I was so so happy!! I hugged hubby and Thea and had a good cry... I was just so so happy and felt that this is such a miracle!! It's OUR MIRACLE!!!

I have yet to find out how far along I am since I have not seen the gynae. I will have to have a long discussion with her too with regards to my medical condition because I am told I will have to stop the medication when I am pregnant. Anyway, there is more to learn and take care of now.. and I will definitely treasure this pregnancy.. because it is God's Gift to hubby, Thea and me. Thank you, Dear Universe, for hearing me...

No comments:

Post a Comment