Monday, December 29, 2008

Friends & Shopping A-G-A-I-N!!

I met up with 2 old friends of mine, Belinda (from Kuching) and Ming Yen this morning at The Loaf, Pavillion. We were together since 10:30am till about 2:30pm - that was really pretty long and we had so much to catch up on! It was really great to finally sit down together and just talk, talk and talk... about men (no longer boys *ahem*), kids, shopping, relationships, marriage, life and other people... Both Belinda and Ming Yen are my swimming friends from the old days. We always met up for competitions about 6-8 times a year at various states, representing our own states. Sometimes we represent Malaysia together ;). Even though we sometimes compete against each other in specific events, when we are out of the pool, we get together like we were all the closest and bestest friends. Ahhh... good old times... Amongst us were Ai-Lan, Ai Wee, Michele, Tania and some others... It was really nice then.. And I have not met Belinda since year 2004! It was really good meeting up with her again after all these years. Just in case you were wondering, I meet up with Ming Yen quite often. :) She is really just too nice and would always accomodate me to meet up wherever I pleased... thanks Ming Yen, I love you!! Oh yeah, did I mention, Ming Yen brought a gift for Thea too? So sweet of Ming Yen... :)

Coming back to Belinda, I promised Belinda that Ming Yen and I will try to plan a trip down to Kuching next year for the Rainforest Festival - whatever that is! She has been telling me so much about it and it looks like it'd be a good excuse to visit her! Don't worry, Belinda, I have written it down on my to-do list for year 2009! :D

After chatting at The Loaf, we decided to go to Aussino because I needed to get new bedsheets for CNY. It has been years since I had new bedsheets so I was quite determined to get new ones for the coming year. I bought 2 queen-sized bedsheet sets (because the 2nd set was 80% off), 1 quilt cover set (50% off) and 1 Disney Princess bedsheet for Thea (20% off) which came up to a total of RM509.40. We parted at about 2:30pm after lunch at Yo! Sushi. Ming Yen and I then decided to go to 1U to do some more shopping.

You see, T2 gave me this RM50 Lewre voucher some time back and I was thinking that I could use it to buy new shoes for CNY. When I arrived at 1U, Ming Yen has not arrived. So I went into Aldo first just to explore my options. To be honest, I loved their designs, but when I tried them on, they were just not that comfortable as the base of the shoes are all quite hard. So I left for Lewre. I scanned around for suitable shoes and hoping that I could find one that I could live with. I had already decided on the colour, height of the heels and certain designs of the shoes I wanted to get, so I picked the pair closest to what I had in mind and VIOLA! It fitted not only nicely, but comfortably! I was very pleased... what made me even more pleased was that the price of the shoes were only RM159 and it was new arrival! So with the voucher, I only paid RM109!! I had originally expected myself to pick up shoes with price range of RM200-RM300 and since the voucher was only applicable on normal priced merchandise, I was actually expecting to foot up minumum of RM190+ to RM200+ for my new pair of shoes! And what a very very pleasant surprise!! I paid way less than what I had expected myself to pay for a beautiful pair of new shoes for CNY!!! Good on me!!

Ok... like I said... my photoshooting skill is really.. sighs.. don't know what to say la.. just bad la.. and the shoes really does look nicer in "real life" than it looks in this picture.. but nevermind la hor.. I also not going earning a living from photoshooting or make it my life career, so it's ok la.. I forgive myself... haha! Eventhough the phototaking sucks, I'd really like to share my new shoes with the world (how it looks, I mean)! It's just simply beautiful - SIMPLE & BEAUTIFUL! hah!

Anyway, after Lewre, Ming Yen finally showed up. We both walked to Jusco at the old wing because she wanted to redeem some stuffs from her J-card. While she did that, I went down to the kids' floor to get stuffs for Thea for CNY. I got 2 dresses (I wasn't intending to buy her any new clothes for CNY because she still has some new clothes; but these 2 dresses were just too sweet and irresistable!), 1 pair of shoes and 1 box of 3 pieces of panties for her which totalled up to RM189.80. Only the shoes were discounted. Ming Yen joined me in time to collect some more points in her J-Card. Mine expired long time ago :{

Because she had a movie to catch at 5pm and I wanted to rush back to show Thea what I bought for her, we parted with a hug and our goodbyes. Thea was awfully excited when she saw me and kept asking me what I bought for her (hah! as if she already knew!). When I showed it to her, she was really delighted and just kept saying, "wow.... mommi...." Oh ya, she liked the present that Ming Yen bought her too. It was a bottle of "bubbles" with a fairy on top. She likes it, Ming Yen, thanks for your thoughtfulness! :)

So, to sum it all - besides the great time I had with Belinda & Ming Yen, I had a total savings of RM408.50 (RM352.50 from Aussino, RM50 from Lewre, RM6 from Thea's shoes). Great day, huh? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment