Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 27 October 2008

Rekindled

It's amazing what the past 7 days have given me. All thanks to the grace of the Universe. I must say this, before I forget, that I am grateful for the experiences accumulated for the past 7 days. The reason why I had defined it as 7 days, rather than the past week, is because... eh, today is Monday la.. if I said the past week, you might have misunderstood that it didn't include today right? Well, this does include today, and I pray that good things do not stop here.

Last Saturday I was in JB where I lost my phone to the toilet bowl. It is not too long a story to share here, but then it is not relevant to the subject. Before I lost my phone, I received a call from an old friend that I have not heard from for years. We grew out of touch because of certain sensitive issues then, and the phone call also didn't really come as good news. The point was, at least I got his number! Anyway, I lost my phone that same night and was out of touch with the world (except through hubby's phone) until Monday evening. I got a new phone! :D I was contemplating on getting the SE C902 but it cost a bomb and since I am only a simple housewife, I settled for the old model I had, the faithful K770i but in different color - BROWN. Nice, really! It was cheaper anyway too. ;p

Friday night was an exciting night. I was supposed to meet Terri at Subang Parade and since I was early, I decided to go do a little shopping while waiting for her. After I finished shopping for my last item, I bumped into two old friends whom I have not met in years!!! Ralph and Siew Fan! We exchanged phone numbers (I actually deleted their numbers because I never thought that I will ever see or talk to them again! Shame on me! :() and caught up a bit on each other's lives. Unfortunately, we couldn't chat longer because they had to go and I had to meet Terri. So we said our goodbyes and promised to catch up with each other again.

Terri was already at Dome when I arrived. She shared good news with me that night. And later in the night, Ramesh - a dear friend, joined us!! It was magnificent! I had not seen him, also for years! It was a great catch up. We talked a lot, mainly just sharing of what we had been missing out on each other's lives. It didn't feel awkward at all! Throughout the conversation, I just felt the sincerity and excitement of being there, chatting up with them again! In the midst of the chat, I received a text from my brother informing me of a family dinner the next day (Saturday); I confirmed my attendance. Soon, the night got late. So we hugged each other good bye and headed our own separate ways. As I was reversing my car, I saw him holding her as they walked, I smiled.. for it was a great sight. :)

Dinner on Saturday with dad, Jon, Pauline and Bee in terms of food wise was not fantastic. But you know what made the night special? We played mahjong. Don't know why, Pauline wanted to play mahjong. So we all played with her, except Bee (because he doesn't know how to play). But Bee was kind enough to entertain Thea so that Thea would not disturb our game. It was a long time since dad actually sat down to do something like that with us. Usually, it was always talking, talking and talking or eating, eating and eating... We really had a good time, and I won RM19.10! I need to stress this - it is the first time I won money from dad! kekeke...

Had brunch with Donald and Jenneifer on Sunday (yesterday) at the Dim Sum place in Taman Megah. I used to go there with the Autopups and being there brought back lots of memories. I missed them. The laughter, the hanging out, the eating... it was all good fun. Of course, it was equally good with Donald and Jenneifer. I felt so happy to be able to see Jenneifer again because eversince she started working for P&G, I hardly got to see her or to catch up with her. Brunch was just excellent!

And came evening, we had dinner with mom at LaLaCheong, Ara Damansara. Ok, food was crappy... but again, company was excellent. Jon and Bee just loved to tease mom, and I think mom secretly enjoys it. Well, teasing a person is another form of attention given to a person right? My brothers definitely love and pay attention to my mom.. just that they are boys, and they can't be lovey-dovey like me. Too bad for them! :p After dinner, we proceeded to my mom's place. Lepaked there for a while and got myself a new 1L Tupperware brand tumbler for gym use (mom is an agent). And guess what, the night doesn't end there! Jon and Pauline came to my house for another mahjong session!! My luck was in and rollin' I tell ya! I won RM20.50! ;D

And today... is Deepavali. I don't have many Indian friends. In fact, I think all my Indian friends are Christians so they don't celebrate Deepavali. But we make it a point, every year to visit this family - the Samy's. Uncle Samy was my tuition teacher when I was in primary school and he loves me like his own daughter. He especially took good care of my brothers and I since he was living in our neighborhood then (Klang). He passed away from a heart attack in year 1995 I think, leaving behind his wife, Mrs Samy, his son, Siva (who is now a general surgeon in the Ipoh Hospital) and his daughter, Renu (who is now a practicing lawyer in Klang). Every year, we visit them and vice versa during festive season. Although Siva and us are not very close, but we chat up quite a bit with Renu whenever we do meet. They are indeed our old family friend and this tradition of visiting them every Deepavali will continue until they don't celebrate Deepavali anymore, or should they decide to move outstation.

When I got home, it was another boring day. Changed to my shorts and t-shirt and got to my computer. Pleasantly, Elly - another old friend, whom I had not been in touch with for years added me on facebook, and sent me a message. That was all it had to take, to rekindle another good and old friendship back. We added each other on MSN and started chatting away, filling up each other of moments and experiences that we had missed out in each other's life. A boring, yet rewarding day... :)

See? Amazing 7 days right? All these people (excluding my family members) are people that I thought would never cross my path again. But today, they are all here (at least on my facebook, MSN and phonebook). Maybe losing the old phone and getting the new phone was a sign... of another new chapter of my life beginning again. And it need not be the same as before, it could be better (I think my new phone color is better than the old one ;p). Whatever it is, it has been a beautiful week (including today). Although I do not know if times will ever be like before with the good old friends, but at least there is no excuse now not to appreciate - because now they are only a phonecall, a message or just a "facebook" away...

No comments:

Post a Comment