Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 26 January 2008

Captain

My aunt has passed away 21 days ago. There were a few things to look into, but I have to admit that with the clerk back from maternity, work load has been easy. With hubby posted to JB, I've been leaving home for work a bit later, and leaving work for home a bit earlier. Maybe others will perceive me as making excuses not to come to the office, but I clearly know what I am doing because above me and anything else, is my precious daughter. Adding to the fact that her dada is not around to play with her, I have to be her "dada" occasionally. Most of the time, I make sure that the sun is up and she is awake smiling before I leave home, and I come home to cook dinner earlier so that I could relief the maid a little for hanging out with Thea the whole day. After Thea goes to bed at bout 9 something, then i will have to come downstairs, wait for my dear brother to come over. He stays with me now on the nigts that hubby is not around, and sometimes what irks me is that he always come late... and it makes me really tired. However, I don't take the opportunity that my dad has given for granted. I make sure that I finish my work on time, or from home.

Well, no matter how tired I am - it is all worth it. Today, hubby went for his line check and he CLEARED!!! He is now officially Captain and I am now officially a Captain's wife! Although it doesn't mean that he will be posted back here from JB, but it does mean that he has achieved another milestone in his career and I am so so proud of him! For years he has been too qualified to be a Captain but isn't one because of the seniority list in his previous company, hence the decision to hop to the new company. Furthermore, the prospect in the new company is brighter as it is a growing company. It has been hard work in terms of classes, studying and training but the promotion and salary hike is definitely worth the hard work!

I am proud of him because he actually moved out of his comfort zone. For those people who know him, will agree that he was a compleasant and pretty easy-to-satisfy person. Now, we live in a bigger place, with better career prospect, possibility of higher income, and most importantly, blessed with a blissful marriage and a beautiful daughter. I guess the only thing that we really look forward to own in the near future (besides other material stuff) is a family car big enough to fit both of us, Thea, his parents, the maid and Thea's future sibling. With that, our life would be almost perfect (for our standard and by the mere fact that no life is perfect) and some holidays that he owes me too... hehehe. He is indeed such a brave person for daring to make a change to improve not only himself, but for the family...

So tell me... how can I not be so in love with him?? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment