Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 23 September 2008

Penang

Finally, I did one of the things I've always wanted to do - that is to visit Penang, whether with hubby, family or by myself. I must say that it was one of the most fantastic thing I've ever done in my life and I am truly grateful for the experience of doing it by myself. I came home, feeling more self fulfilled, satisfied, contented, happy and loved...

I boarded the 1:40pm plane which cost me only RM25, thanks for the privilege of being Captain Jason's wife. :) I arrived at about 2:30pm in Penang and was picked up by a friend I've not met for ages - Nee Nee in her black Honda City. I've not met her since year 2000 I believe. She was my college friend whom I was not very close to then. We were all in the same group, but just didn't hang out so much because we were closer to other friends.

We went to Lorong Selamat to eat the famous Fried Kuey Teow. We didn't finish that plate of Kuey Teow because we were more interested in catching up with each other. There was just so so much to talk!! We then proceeded to check into the hotel, Holiday Inn. It was a nice hotel, although not so much of 5-star as Marriot, or the previous hotels that I've stayed with hubby during his night stops when he was still working with MAS; but it was good enough for me! We chatted some more and decided to take a walk at the beach which was at the old wing (I was upgraded to the new wing). It was a looooong stroll... we talked, talked and talked... until our legs got tired! hehehe.. after that, we washed our feet by the swimming pool, sat at the benches and chatted some more. It was truly wonderful...

When it was almost dinner time, we took turns to freshen up before adjourning to this hawker place, called New Lane. We had A LOT of food!! Chee Cheong Fun, Orr Chien, Prawn Mee, Lobak and some Fried Orr Kak or something like that... it was fun and we were so so full!!! hahaha.. after that, we decided to go for a movie at Gurney Plaza. Managed to catch "Money No Enough 2". It had a pretty sad ending, but we did laugh hilariously throughout the movie. It was really time well spent between 2 girlfriends who had not met for many years!

I got back to the hotel at about past midnight. After talking to hubby for a while, I thought I could fall asleep; but I was awake for some reason. So I decided to pamper myself a little.. did some DIY facial, listened to music, chatted online and watched tv. I believe I fell asleep at about 3 something am right after calling the operator to request for a wake up call at 830am the next day (seriously, I don't know why I did that...).

Came the 830am, the wake up call. Nah, didn't wake up at all. Went back to snooze and finally got my ass up at about 1030am. Freshen up and started exercising in the room. Just simple stretching and some jumping around.. I hope the room below me didn't have dust falling down from their ceiling! :P

Nee Nee came to pick me up for lunch at about 130pm. We went to eat Assam Laksa and it was so so totally yummy!!! Again, I was stuffed!!! After lunch, I followed her to Island Plaza to get a gift for her friend and she brought me to her friend's shop to look at accessories. There, I picked a few that I liked, and guess what... she paid for me!! She was so nice! I truly felt very touched. The appreciation didn't come from the material things; it was more the appreciation of her also showing her appreciation of our friendship and being truly nice and sincere to me. I accepted them with grace and told her that each time I wear them, I will think of her. :)

She dropped me off at the hotel at about 5pm because she had to attend a dinner. So I was all by myself from then until about 830pm. I listened to music, read, watched tv, danced, downloaded music and blogged (the last blog was written in Penang :)). I truly enjoyed time to myself so so much that I was smiling to myself the whole time! The joy was just bursting in me, being able to enjoy my own time and most importantly, to enjoy being me! I imagined people who'd think how crazy I am if they were to find out about this, and yet my constant reply to myself is, "I am not crazy, I am me.. and I am happy and joyous and loved... by myself!" It was simply beautiful!
Came 830pm, I had dinner with another old friend whom I had not met for more than 10 years, Ravin. He was one of those angels who constantly sent me messages of encouragement, positiveness and hope during my lowest times. We had German food at the Penang Swimming Club where I bumped into another Penang's swimmer's mom. She thought I looked familiar until I approached her to re-introduce myself. She was pretty shocked that I am a housewife! hahaha... hmm... seriously I need to find another nicer word to replace that... hahaha.. "tai tai", perhaps? Anyway, we had a great dinner mainly talking about him. He has gone through so much in his life and is such a wonderful being to those around him. He surely deserves to be loved, respected and appreciated like how he does to others. I, for one, do appreciate and treasure his friendship. :)

We said our good-byes at about 1140pm. It was a pretty early night considering that he picked me up an hour late! hahaha.. but it was not the length of time, or quantity of it; it was the quality of time spent together. I think I slept pretty early, at about slightly past 1am. I guess I must have been really tired. Oh yeah.. did eye mask too ;).

I checked out at about 1130am and had lunch with Nee Nee again. Some Indian Mee Goreng in Pulau Tikus and it was delicious!! Nee Nee dropped me off at the airport at about 1 something pm. I honestly felt a bit reluctant to leave this beautiful place, and my two beautiful friends. I invited Nee Nee to stay over at my place if ever she was ready to stay the night in KL. We hugged each other good bye and went forth to buy my ticket home. Ticket was RM28, all thanks again to the privilege of being Captain Jason's wife :P.

I arrived 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled arrival. Took a cab back to my dad's place to pick up Thea. We were so happy to see each other!! We then went home, rested a while and then got ourselves ready to dad's birthday dinner at Oriental, Jaya 33.

It was indeed a great trip, and I think I am getting the hang on being a pilot's wife ;D ! ID 90. It was indeed a good retreat. For the moment, I think I will stay put at home. Until my next trip out!

No comments:

Post a Comment