Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 13 December 2006

Last Night in PNK

The new place is nice. It is almost hubby's dream house. Well, I can live with it... who doesnt want a bigger everything? I guess I am really going to miss this home. Lots of splendid memories lived here, and of course, there were some unpleasant ones. But on the whole, this place did us more good, and brought us more happiness. We got married here, got pregnant here, had a kid here... our laughters, our tears, our fights, our cozy nights... they sure are worth so much more. And then again, I guess in life we must progress, built bigger dreams and achieve bigger goals.

Honestly, I am contented... Geez, I must sound like a broken recorded! kekeke... a contented wife, a contented mom, a contented daughter, a contented friend, a contented relative, a contented everything. No reason to be not contented... hehehe

My last night here and I am typing this on my laptop on the floor of my bedroom with hubby not home from yum cha with his new found friend, our contractor, and our daugher asleep soundly on our bed. I know I should sleep and rest for tomorrow because I had a long day today, and will have another longer day tomorrow. But I am scared to sleep... a part of me, I am afraid that I will forget to take things that I had repeatedly reminded myself to pack; and a part of me, I am starting to miss this home. Apart of me, I dont know if we would have the same happiness in the new home as we have had here... I mean, it shouldnt make a difference and bigger things should mean better things right... but I can't just shout out to the maid anymore when I need her to make milk for Thea when she cries for it in the morning, and I'd have to walk so many steps more to get a glass of water, and worst still!! Bear with the possibilities of LIZARDS!!! ARGHHHH!!!!! Hmmm... hubby did mention that we should get a walkie talkie.. haha! sounds like we are living in a mansion eh! and that our pest control contract would cover lizards! YIPPEE!!! We could cater for more guests at home and most of all... Thea could have 1 or 2 more siblings!! DOUBLE YIPPEE!!!! I mean, ahem... if God permits.. kekeke

But when I park my car in my covered basement and look at a family of 5 or 6 plus a maid, I then asked myself again... how come other people could fit so many people in their home, and we have to look for a bigger space just because...

It does boil down to Thea. Hubby grew up in an estate and is a village boy. He loves landscape and those 'kampung' feel. I on the other hand, prefer buildings, covered. If I wanted to be near nature, I'd go for a resort holiday. Anyway, as the Chinese saying goes in direct translation - marry chicken, up to chicken; marry dog, up to dog. So there goes! Hubby feels that our new home would be a better environment for Thea to grow up in. There's greenery, playground, space... and more so... we both do want to give her a good life, besides all the love that we already so willingly give her. Hate to admit it, but he is right... and so here I am, getting all ready to move into our new home soon.

PNK has been rented out to a fella whom I trust will take care of the place. I dont think I will sell this place in near future due to its surrounding prospect and sentimental reasons. Even though it's my last night here tonight, PNK will always be my home. Maybe when I become so rich some day, I might not even want to rent out this place anymore. Just touch up a bit here and there, maintain it and come back here for an afternoon nap during lunch from work.. hahaha!!

PNK - Thank you for giving me shelter and security during the tenure that I was here. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment