Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 16 July 2008

Entertainment

Ever wondered what a pregnant housewife would be doing at home besides making sure her little daughter is well-fed, bathed and napped?

You'd be surprise at this pregnant housewife.. hahaha... I am into politics. Hubby once asked me, since when was I so interested in politics? I think my interest started in the previous election before the March 8, 2008. No, I didn't vote then because believe it or not, I did not know the location of the school I was suppose to vote. I actually woke up early and drove around Kota Kemuning just looking for that school but I just didn't know where it was! Anyway, I told myself I will vote the next election (which was the last March 8, 2008 election).

This time, I actually knew where the school was and planned the time to wake up to make my vote. I was thinking that I could actually bump into Thea's classmates' mom there, go for breakfast or something... I was so so ready to make my first vote despite the confusion of whom I should actually vote for.

At the end of the day - I didn't vote again. Not because I didn't want to, but because I didn't know whom I should vote for. On one hand, I didn't want our government to go, but on the other, our government is getting a little out of hand. You wouldn't believe it, I actually went to the oppositions' websites to read about what they could offer too!! And although it was all so inspiring, a certain doubt existed if it was at all possible. I admit the temptation to believe, but can it really?? Can three parties, all with different objectives come together to serve the country? Can Malaysia, and will Malaysia finally recognize all of us, as ONE race - rather than the Malays, the Chinese and the Indians? I'd really love that... although I must admit that some of us Chinese and Indians don't really care about the Malays' special rights (for the fact that we have always fend for ourselves). We just want to be able to put rice on the table!

I get my thrills when I go to one of Thea's class as that is the one class where all the moms, including the teacher discuss a little about politics. We are mainly Chinese with 1 Malay lady. Everyone agrees that we love UNMO for the independence that it brought to Malaysia... but we also condone to the opposition playing its part in checking and balancing the overall system in our country.

Some of my friends are actually surprised that I follow up with the political comic in Malaysia. The petrol, the reformation, the schools, the Atlantuya murder and etc... They probably think that I am just a nosy little housewife.. haha.. but honestly, I am concerned... very very concerned about how all these turn out. It is overwhelming yet scary when so many people are expecting and anticipating Anwar's takeover, trying spirits who try and try again to belittle our dear PM to get him to step down. This, afterall, will determine our children's future.

As what the Muslims say, God Willing - Let PM mend the ship before he steps down. Honestly, I feel that he just wants to leave the party and the position in good faith. While I agree that he may not have been aggressive like our dear old Dr. M, but he has been mandated and he is not running away from his responsibility. He is sticking on to sail the ship. Of course, they are many who also think that it is because he still has to defend his so and so... but honestly, we think what we think, and people cannot control our thoughts and likewise.

It is suffering to be catching on to news like these everyday - not certain of our country's future, or what holds for our children. But I guess with the road blocks, rallies, price hike, inflation and etc going on, it is indeed the best form of entertainment for me at home now...

No comments:

Post a Comment