Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 25 September 2008

Shopping, Sales, Vouchers and Girlfriends...

A chat with Alina on my way back from Pavilion today made me realize that I have been torturing my loyal readers... :{

Apparently, she had difficulty reading my blogs because my font size was too small. Adding to the fact that my blog entry is usually long, the poor woman had to reread my entry twice just to make sure that she did not miss a line or two.. how sweet huh? So anyway, I have decided to increase my font size for her sake (Here's to you, girl! :P). Sorry la.. hehehe... I like small things mah... But hmm, come to think about it, the increase in font size does make typing this blog easier too.. it is REALLY easier to read! hahahaha...

Today, I headed to Pavilion for one purpose - SHOPPING! Hubby bought me this Aigner bag for my birthday and was blessed with a membership card with the Melium Group and some RM180 voucher to buy anything from the stores under the Melium Group. Since it was expiring at of the month, I thought I might as well make a trip down town to see what other things I could add to my collection.

Before my REAL shopping began, I met up with Terri for lunch. What was intended to be a lunch for two kinda date ended up with an "orgy" when I bumped into another friend, Jazzy who was coincidently hanging out with her 2 colleagues, of which one of them, Ezra, was a common friend that Terri and I both knew. We had lunch at Sakae Sushi and while they left early, Terri and I stayed a little longer to chat. After she shot back to work (in a hurry), I started my little shopping spree...

Ok, I will spare everyone the details, of how I walked here and there, tried on this and that. Conclusion of sales made today are as below: -

1) A pair of ALDO shoes on discount (original price was RM350++ and I ended up paying RM297.60 - 25% off)

2) A ROXY tube top on discount (original price was RM149.90, they had whole wide store discount of 10% and because I was a member, I got additional 10% discount, so ended up paying RM121.50 - 20% off)

3) A COLE HAAN card holder (original price was RM225.00 less voucher of RM180.00 so ended up paying RM45.00 - no discount, but voucher was good! :D)

4) Some LOCCITANE stuffs (Total cost was about RM489.95. No discount, but free gift I think was worth about RM70 or more)

5) A DEVAJU mascara from Sasa worth RM59.90. This one no discount or voucher.

Not bad huh, for a half a day shopping? And because of my spending, I could redeem 2 hours free parking at Pavilion... hahaha.. It is quite a day!

What I realized as I walked to my car with bags of stuffs in my hands was how much I actually enjoyed shopping!! And sales, discounts or vouchers were there to make shopping MORE enjoyable (provided you go on a weekday when there are not many people there to snatch with you!). All these while, I could never ever understand why women liked shopping, sales, discounts and etc.. I mean, the only thing I really enjoyed out of all these was really the vouchers which I redeem from the credit card points so that I could go to Parkson or Jusco to buy stuffs for Thea! But now, I do understand... It is a new found joy and pleasure... I must admit though when it comes to buying clothes, I think I would still need the help and opinion of my girlfriends cause I think these kind of things kinda take time to build confidence on. But other than, I am all so ready to take on shopping!! Thanks to hubby's generosity!

I used to want to save, save and save.. you know, for Thea's education, for rainy days, for so and so's birthday or Christmas presents... and whenever I do get around shopping, it is always buying things for other people, or for their kids!! Well, not that I won't do that anymore, but it has somehow become more interesting now shopping for myself! hahaha.. and the best part is having my mom or some good girlfriends with me! The last time I went shopping was with Gladys, Alina and my mom and it was fabulous time spent! I so look forward to more and more and more now.. ok ok, not only the shopping; but also time with them... ;)

So what are you waiting for girlfriends??? Let's grab our handbags and go shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment