Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 25 February 2007

The Meaning of Peace.

Had difficulty in sleeping last night. Just couldnt sleep... Thea was sleeping next to me as I tossed and turned quietly for fear of waking her up. I tried to meditate, think of something nice, counting sheeps, imagining Thea's room renovation, adding a tv cabinet in my room and blah blah blah and yet... I still couldn't sleep. Must have been the nap I took with hubby before he went to work.

Anyway, I was tossing and turning... and then I turned to see my little angel, and decided to give her a kiss on her forehead. I then started a mini search for her hand under the comforter, and when I found it, I held her hand and touched her fingers. Surprisingly, a gush of peace rushed to my head and my heart which sent me a smile. I looked at her a while, and suddenly grew sleepy and thought to myself, that she, is indeed my meaning of peace. How wonderful that feeling is...

So far the morning has been great. Woke up to fetch hubby from the workshop (he sent JayD to the workshop in KJ for aircon repair) and had breakfast with him, ALONE!! What a luxury that we've not had for a looooooong time! And another bonus was, a good girlfriend of mine who came back from her hometown called to give me updates about her CNY. It was so good to hear from her again...

Today will be a good day, despite that tomorrow is a working day and I am fearing the time away from Thea... but I guess I will have to practise time management. Hubby told me to be patient, and to find a good working partner slowly, rather than hastily. I guess he is right.. patience is virtue, and time will bring lots of good opportunities to those who wait for them and know how to grasp them.

Happy Chinese New Year once again, everyone!! May this year bring loads of happiness, joy, good health, wonderful opportunities and prosperity to us all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment