Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 12 August 2006

Friends from Puppy.com

I have made darling friends from puppy.com. Knew Hilda first. She was the sweetest, because she helped me carry chairs and I thought she was so innocent looking, then Elly because she wanted to borrow my chairs for a birthday pary, and then Jo, and then Michelle and the rest were guys - whom I don't keep in touch with anymore. Elly became history due to her own insecurity and her incapability to trust and believe that she could have true friends without using her most vital weapon - money. As mentioned, she is history - and she shall remain history. But chapters kept evolving from the little "Automatic Puppies" clique we initially created and developed out of our love and adoration for our furkids and also each other, and even with silly characters like Elly and the guys who eventually omitted themselves or left the group just like that, the remaining casts/members stayed truthful and sincere to each other.

It has only barely been 4-5 years since we knew each other, and yet, the friendship is deep. We all know deep down that we care for each other lots behind all those teasing, no emails, no phonecalls, lack of catch-up-with-each-other periods. Yeah.. we dont hang out as much as before, but somehow, the assurance is deep. Although I am some years older than them, but they never fail to remind me that I am not thaaaaaaat old eventhough they call me "mamasan". I love it when they call me that.

Funny how I suddenly have the mood to write such things today, and name names. If anyone had noticed, I define characters in my blog pretty discretly. Maybe it is because I am proud.. no, actually, I AM PROUD, to have friends like them... Hilda and Jo.. and then with a new addition, Ryan. With them, there is no pretence, or trying to outdo each other. With them, there is a balance in conversations. With them, there is no fear of offending or being careful. With them, there are just so many beautiful and joyous moments because they are just them - sincere and from the heart. I truly am blessed for having friends like them.

My beautiful friends - Hilda, Jo and Ryan (in the order that I know you ) Sometimes I feel like an old maid looking at the youth you all bring out in yourselves, remembering the crazy things we use to say and do together (well, not so much of me la since I am more matured! ha ha!). The efforts taken to bring me out of the dumps when I was down, and the trust given to share your down times too. I truly appreciate and cherish those times. And now, seeing Jo working so far away, only getting to see her once in a while, and Ryan and Hilda going away to further their studies... I do surely miss those times, and will continue to miss them. Of course, circumstances are now different and we shouldn't be drooling in the past. But these are memories - beautiful ones. And here, i would like to thank you, for being part of my life... hmm... actually, our lives (Jason and Thea's too). We look forward to many more beautiful memories together, in different circumstance, in better circumstance. Love you, kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment