Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 26 November 2006

Teething Thea

That's a good one.. haha! Teething Thea! Her first and second tooth was a breeze, but I guess this time round, she gets a little more irritated and I suspect the upper gums are the culprit. She wouldnt let me put her down! Each time that I do, she cries and cries and wants to be picked up!! Like a koala bear I tell you!!

My brother says that I should feel lucky that she finds comfort in me.. and Hubby thinks that it is because she misses him (he is away on flight now ) but whatever it is, she has been cranky and the ONLY way to calm her, is to carry her...

Seriously, not that I mind, but this little angel ain't light ! and yeah.. as much as I would carry her for the rest of my life, but I'd expect some pit stops in between !! By the end of the night, which could be like 2-3am by the time she is willing to lay on the bed, still holding my hand, I'd be dead exhausted I tell you! And then.. and then... she is such a wild sleeper!!! She moves around 360 degrees!! One minute she will be here, and one minute she will be there!! So you imagine what a good night's sleep I get!!

Yett the reward awaits in the morning.. it would be about 7-8am, she would wringe a little for milk (aaahhhh... milk!! One that she has not indulge for a loooooooooong time!) and finishes up her milk and then goes back to sleep again... and then at about 9-10am, she'd stretch her self, turn to me to see if I am awake, touch my face, wait for my eyes to open, and give me a smile...

All the hard work the previous night would then seem so worthwhile and unwasted... The feeling is like in paradise...

Sigh... such a victim... but, hehehe... a very willing one....

No comments:

Post a Comment