Friday, December 19, 2008

Blast from MY Past: 18 August 2007

To quit or not to quit?

What seemed to be an innocent session of accompanying a friend cum partner to hear what Master had to say about her life had led to us comtemplating the decision to close down the business. Waitaminute... is it now still a comtemplation? Or already a made decision? Hmmm... perhaps it is a decision already made, pending time. So I guess the question now should be, to quit NOW, or LATER?

Honestly, on a very practical non superficial ground - it's really absurb to give up after 7-8 months. Any successful businessman would remind young ventures like us to persevere for at least 2-3 years to see real and constant results. But here we are, not giving ourselves a chance to really go all out through the test of time, already making plans to wind up the potentials of the business. And what really is funny to me is that just two weeks ago, I was trying to persuade a friend not to give up on his business. What makes things even more absurd is that we are in the midst of photography for our catalog/website. So now, do we continue or do we not? If we are closing down, then why do we pursue? And if we are not closing down, why this heavy heart to proceed to success?

I did speak to minority shareholder who has already expressed interest to leave us before this issue of closing down. He said it is entirely up to us on what we want to do, even kind enough to understand that his investment has turned to loss. With his lack of enthusiasm, and the unclear directions of the other partner as well, it really isn't great help to me on how to handle this. On many aspects, she is right about the possibility of losing more money as what Master warned. But on one hand, as much as I am really tired of running the business (because I was running it all on my own for the past months) and can't wait fot it to end; I am quite relunctant to close it down immediately without even trying to recuperate our capital. It's like we are not even giving ourselves that chance to even take back what we have taken out, not to mention any profits to be reaped.

So the decision has been made to close down - question now is when? when? when?

To be honest, I really looked forward to working with my partner, also my long lost friend. We used to be so close in college, and I know in a way, we still are... but just the thought of being able to spend more time together... Anyway, it doesnt matter... I guess the Man up there has got other plans for us...

No comments:

Post a Comment